Senior Associate, Business Risk, Private Banking
- Nov 25, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Private Bank who is well known for their top notch bespoke wealth management services.
The Singapore team is looking for a Senior Associate to join their Operational and Business Risk Management team. Reporting to the team lead, you will be providing expertise to implement and/or enhance the Private Banking business risk and surveillance related projects, procedures, and processes. This is to ensure the bank is compliant with Private Banking Controls and Regulations, and at the same time achieve continuous improvement around business risk and surveillance processes.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide support and facilitate the work of cross-functional team (e.g. Compliance and Risk Management) by understanding requirements and defining strategy to accomplish these objectives
- Partners with related stakeholders (i.e. Front Office, Compliance, Risk Management, Operations and external consultants and vendors [as required]) to drive project plan and jointly deliver the multiple streams of work within scope, timeline and budget by prioritizing and managing assigned project resources and project risk and issues
- Supports the business objectives of strategic growth, enhanced client experience, improved risk management and operational efficiency
- Manages and communicates with key stakeholders on project status, key risks and issues.
- Where technology enhancements are required, partners with Technology to take care of all aspects of the project with the support from the project team. These include business requirements gathering, business case finalization, user acceptance testing sign off, user change management/go-live activities (e.g. target operating model, communications and training).
- Ensures that project deliverables achieve synergy with business processes, which includes re-defining business process and driving the Target Operating Model design, where applicable (requires partnership with cross-functional teams)
- Be able to independently manage, implement or enhance simple business risk and surveillance procedures and processes, setting clear project plans for execution
- Assist the team head to act as the contact point and coordinator for simple risk related topics and enhance or re-design procedure and processes to align with strategic system or to close the gap.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience, with practical experience in Front Office processes enhancement and implementation of at least one business risk or surveillance related project for a private bank
- Strong analytical and good knowledge of risk, regulatory, control and process design
- Understand business flow and process, investigate and analyze issues with attention to details
- Experience in agile and lean methodology is preferred
- Willingness to learn and embrace challenges and changes
- Able to rapidly assimilate and multi-task
- Able to work independently and guide/lead the junior members of the team
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills (both oral and written). Must have strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent team and organizational leadership skills working with cross functional stakeholders
- Experience managing and working confidently and collaboratively across functional teams
- Good understanding of project management methodologies; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and coordinate various streams within a project and manage cross-functional project teams to deliver on time and within budget; ability to identify and drive issues to a quick resolution while balancing the needs of the business, the customer and the team; demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent streams through prioritization.
- Proficiency in MS Excel Power Query / Access VBA or programming language is a plus
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932