Senior Associate/ Associate, Visual Design & User Experience (UX) Specialist, Central Improvement Team, Technology & Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
In this new digital world order with rapidly changing technologies, understanding the ways our customers and employees behave are even more challenging than before. So, whatâ€™s the path to deep user insights and empathy?
Weâ€™re looking for a creative visual designer who can tell compelling stories to persuade and convince employees to embrace new ways of working. He/she will challenge status quo by developing innovative user-centred solutions to help making banking joyful for our 23K employees. This person must have an in-depth appreciation of design process and principles and have an intrinsic understanding of the art behind the science so that he/she translates complex information into simple design solutions across a variety of tangible artefacts. It is also important to be in tune with online media trends and channels in order to create new or augment existing channels of online engagement. This position will support user research, project management, workshop facilitation and training.
- Design and develop highly purposeful, creative and impactful tangible artefacts such as digital presentations, prints, videos and campaigns etc. Present design decisions to stakeholders, articulating rationales behind the chosen solution.
- Provide compelling visual story-telling and user-centred design thinking in designing joyful experiences for our 23,000 employees at DBS.
- Understand how to engage online communities and channels and to be on the pulse of what is trending so as to augment our stories and reach.
- Create wireframes/prototypes, based on agreed employee journeys and present them to the stakeholders. Take feedback and reflect them back to wireframes/prototypes. Conduct quick user-testing on prototypes, identify flaws in the design, and modify the prototype. Iterate this cycle until the solution is ready to be tested across the bank.
- Promote start-up mind-set by being customer and employee focused, empowered & agile, curious to learn, data-driven and able to challenge the status quo by experimenting and taking risks.
- Collaborate with strategic partners and stakeholder to achieve our vision of a 23K start-up by 2020.
- Brainstorm with stakeholders for future product/features and provide feedback on employee journeys from the UX perspective.
- Keep up to date with the UX and Visual Design trends, and proactively share them with peers to help maintain the team quality.
- Diploma/ Bachelorâ€™s degree in a design-related discipline, such as Visual Communication, Graphic Design, User Experience, Interaction Design or Industrial Design.
- At least 3-5 Years working experience as either an agency, in-house or freelance designer. Fresh graduates with relevant portfolio may apply.
- Previous experience in design at a start-up or technology company preferred.
- Excellent sense of visual hierarchy, layout and aesthetics, with knowledge of typography, branding, art direction and visual storytelling
- Synthesizes complex information into simple design solutions.
- People-oriented with strong facilitation and communication skills.
- Self-starter who takes initiatives to drive meaningful user-centred innovation across the bank.
- Multi-tasker who works efficiently under pressure while maintaining a keen attention for subtle details.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), and Microsoft Office Suite (Words & PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Web Design, HTML, video editing, motion graphics or photography is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.