Senior Associate - Consulting, Insurance
Senior Associate - Consulting, Insurance Geographical Coverage:
Singapore The Cognizant Difference - Helping our Clients Win In Digital
At Cognizant Consulting, our consultants orchestrate the capabilities to truly change the game-across strategy, design, technology and industry/functional knowledge. Our strategy is built around elevating business and industry understanding of the aspirations and unique abilities of our clients and by building these relationships based on trust and value.
Cognizant is looking for an experienced Business Analyst focusing on the Insurance industry for ASEAN market. The individual should come with strong consulting background and have insurance domain expertise. He or she will be a trusted advisor to our insurance clients on their platform and digital transformation journey. Role Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in working in Insurance Domain
- Comprehensive understanding of insurance Industry Trends & Strategies.
- Demonstrated Business Analysis skills - working on projects in Insurance domain.
- Design thinking and ability to work in fast paced and ambiguous situations
- Comprehensive understanding of requirement elicitation techniques -
- Ability to gather users' requirements for system enhancements, analysis of requirements, plan and execute functional, non-functional and system integration tests.
- Ability to collaborate with business users to assess the complexity and elicit effort estimation.
- Based on the requirement gathered, to generated artefacts such as BRD, FSD, use case and other relevant documents for the project and ensure user sign-off.
- Plan and execute functional and system integration testing and support business in the user acceptance testing
- Follow through the defect resolutions and ensuring all defects must be resolved within the stipulated timeline
- Chair and facilitate meetings with project stakeholders where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members. Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Strong understanding of technology trends and Insurance Industry applicability for technologies like Cloud, Analytics, Data, IPA/RPA, AI/ML
- Strong understanding and familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle including Agile methodology and Systems Analysis, Use Case Modeling etc
- Strong Communication & Presentation Skills with a flair for writing documents & ability to present to various audiences
- Displays high level of personal maturity and ability to perform in an unstructured, ambiguous environment
- 5 - 7 years working experience in insurance domain and IT
- Good Life and General Insurance domain knowledge is necessary. Strong knowledge and experience is key
- Preferably tertiary qualification in IT and/or insurance
- Experienced in working on Core Policy Admin systems and work under module lead is preferred.
- Experienced in basic SQL command
- Eager to learn new things and is a fast learner who can work independent in short time and work under pressure
- Ability to multitask across different assigned tasks and a strong team player to work with cross IT and business teams
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), facilitating skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge & apply a framework to present a solution
- Capability to understand the big picture
- Innovativeness & Thinking Out of the Box
- Success in selling process and displayed service orientation
- Responsibilities held- Team Size, Financials etc.
- Relevant Skill Acquired applicable to the new role
- IT literacy, Analytical & Problem solving
- Ability to work independently