Senior Associate/Associate, Test Engineer, HACK2HIRE, Technology and Operations
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
DBS is the Worldâ€™s Best Digital Bank. We put digital priorities at the heart of banking, designing and creating products and services to help our customers. Digital innovation pervades every part of the bank, from our consumer banking arm to corporate banking arm. With a strong culture of innovation, experimenting with new technology and collaboration with the FinTech community, we aim to simplify banking so we can help others Live More, Bank Less.
Weâ€™re looking for effervescent proponents of our vision who are driven to understand the impact of technology across varying levels all over the world to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
Based in Singapore, youâ€™ll be leveraging the latest technology to develop mission critical applications from scratch. As part of the delivery and governance in Wealth Technology you will be part of the strategic transformation programme which is engaging in UX, design thinking, Agile, cloud technologies, microservices and Big Data.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Analyse, create and automate software projects functional performance requirements and creation of automation plans and test scripts.
- Devise test objectives, analyse requirements, develop test strategies and plans
- Create and execute automated tests, track defects and report results
- Responsible for end to end testing delivery for the applications in collaboration with other stakeholders and test leads of other interfacing systems.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of different testing milestones.
- Actively acquire information from stakeholders rather than relying entirely on written Specs
- Actively participate in inception, daily stand-ups and retrospective meeting & represent testing
- Accurately evaluate and report test results, test progress, and product quality
- Work effectively to define testable user stories, acceptance criteria, with all stakeholders
- Collaborate within the team, working in pairs with programmers and other team members
- Respond to change quickly, including changing, adding, or improving test cases
- Create acceptance tests that will be automated as part of each sprint
- Automate the testing in-sprint and during SIT using the right tool set â€" Licenced/Open source
- Ensure continuous integration for testing code and implement continuous testing
- Risk and Issue Management - Identify, mitigate and escalate testing risks and issues
- Manage testing environments and logistics for each test stage (SIT/UAT).
- Monitor the readiness of test environments (including interfaces and data setup) for each test stage.
- Expert in
- UI test automation tools (Selenium WebDriver, HP QTP/UFT, Appium or similar)
- API testing (using SoapUI, JUnit, Postman or similar)
- Performance testing using JMeter
- Experience using a broad range of test automation frameworks (e.g. Protractor, Cucumber, JUnit or similar)
- Expert knowledge of continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Testing (CT) to streamline QA processes (Git, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo or similar)
- Good experience with SDLC practices of Agile, Behavioural and Test-Driven Development (Lean, Scrum, XP or similar)
- Experience in testing for Big Data/Hadoop
- Experience in the field of financial/banking applications testing and testing on large complex projects/programmes as a lead or manager
- Strong technical knowledge â€" able to code in one or more scripting language
- Experience in test automation and developing automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience automating testing in multiple technologies â€" Mainframe, web, Java/.Net.
- Advanced knowledge of test methodologies and approaches
- Experience of using and implementing a variety of test tools, including tools for test management / planning, defect tracking, test automation, test data management
- Experience with Agile & Testing Tools like HPALM, UFT, JIRA, Confluence would be an advantage
- Familiar with open source testing frameworks
- Experience with VB scripting, REST and MS Excel scripting would be an advantage
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing test automation based on BDD
- Experience of working on agile projects and deliveries
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player who can work well with people
- A self-starter who can work independently to meets challenging targets
- Great communicator with strong influencing and negotiation skills