Senior Associate/Associate, Business Support Analyst, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. Job Purpose
Group Finance Systems (GFS) aims to be a solid partner to the finance function and other parts of the bank that uses the various systems owned by the GFS team. Within the GFS team, there is a need for a strong Business Analyst to understand and own the design of the Financial Consolidator (FC) from a business perspective.
The chosen candidate will be a key point of contact for all business queries on usage of the application as well as ensure that the business design of the application conforms to the overall strategy of the organization - i.e. end to end automation / standardization etc.
The broad job accountabilities of the chosen candidate would be as follows:
Support and drive project initiatives and enhancements for all markets in one of the applications in the finance systems - Financial Consolidator (FC)
Work with the user community and drive the successful delivery of project and enhancement impacting FC right from understanding the requirements, working with the technology team to convert the requirements to proper business specifications, supporting testing of the delivered product, facilitating implementation to production and documentation.
Support initiatives for productivity and identify opportunities to improve accuracy of information - generated either internally or initiated by external users and progress them to closure. Key Accountabilities
• Be "Go-to" person for project planning and business decisions made in relation to the application design and system setups for the assigned business verticals.
• Ensure business design for all new requirements are standardized and in line with the organization's data flow strategy.
• Manage initiatives, projects and implementations for the assigned business verticals with clear principles around prioritization of requirements and management of implementation timelines.
• Build SME knowledge to be able to perform impact assessment on FC based on understanding of source systems changes and design appropriate testing approach.
• Continuously evaluate current workflows and identify opportunities for improvement. Responsibilities
• Collate and manage all the details regarding the application for the assigned business vertical - information could span from details of systems interfacing, content of the various data being posted, data held within the application etc.
• Clear understanding the scope of the project, the changes associated and support the GFS - Project Manager in impact assessment. Clearly document the rationale for projects where no impact is assessed.
• For project where there is an impact, play a governance role in ensuring that the design (in terms of the level of information required from source system to FC) for FC core processing is aligned with the strategic data flow strategy.
• Collate and rationalise all stakeholders' requirements and walkthrough these requirements with Middle Office Technology (MOT) team.
• Actively partnering with the MOT in the solutioning process to ensure that the business solutions being implemented are thought through from a long term, standardization, design for no operations, front-end configuration perspective.
• Assess and propose appropriate testing approach and sign off criteria to stakeholders and get concurrence.
• Overall UAT management in terms of UAT timeline, batch run/ re-run and conduct UAT Testing.
• Prepare proper documentation on the data flow, design, business solutioning and testing approach in accordance with predefined template.
• Support user community on business queries and guidance on better usage of the system.
• Support transitioning of this application to the new platform under implementation. Requirements
• Quick learner, with positive attitude towards initiating and making change happen
• Driven/passionate, self starter, highly competent and able to work independently
• Ability to work in a team consisting of stakeholders from different areas including user community from requirements gathering and testing perspective, technology teams from a development, rollout perspective.
• Eye for detail and diligence in documentation
• Fundamental accounting knowledge around banking products.
• Strong analytical, communication and project management skills
• Well versed in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word/ Office 365 applications
• 5 to 10 years of period experience of working in the financial services industry
• Prior experience of working in a banking industry would be preferred.
• Familiar with working in the financial systems space in the DBS organizational context would be an added advantage.
• Accounting degree with a fundamental knowledge around banking products.
• Business degree with Accounting/Finance major with a fundamental knowledge around banking products Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.