Senior Application Developer
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It's time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential. Want to be a part of our team?
The TS Senior Application Developer consults with clients with medium to high complexity information technology environments. They translate client requirements into technology terms and develop more complex algorithms and programming code for software solutions.
Their objective is to design, test, implement and maintain software code that enables computer systems to perform specific tasks. They assist with determining how technology can be applied to meet client needs.
They have expert knowledge on multi-technology application design best practice which enables them to act as trusted advisors to clients on optimal application designs. They take holistic views of such application environments including hardware platforms, applications, databases, operating systems and storage.
They have knowledge of all Dimension Data product, service and solution lines. They usually assume the role of the technical leaders for new application design projects. Working at NTT Analysis
TS Senior Application Developers work closely with the Business Analysts and receive detailed job descriptions that identify the goal of the program and use this to assist with the preparation of a functional requirements document, including systems and flowcharts that diagrammatically show how the information will flow through the computer and its peripheral or related equipment. They analyse the client requirements and ensure that the designed solution meets these requirements. He/she meets with clients and/or designers to understand the project scope before writing the code. Design
They are responsible for writing step-by-step instructions that direct computers to process information and are required to work on a wide range of projects with medium complexity. They design the logic that delivers the computing system functionality. The TS Senior Application Developer takes responsibility for documenting the code that he/she has written into a process that enables application use and security. These individuals transform the detailed requirements into a complete, detailed systems design document which focuses on how to deliver the required functionality. They perform proof of concept as and when required. Development
The TS Senior Application Developer converts a design into a complete information system including acquiring and installing the systems environment, creating and testing databases, preparing test case procedures, preparing test files, coding, compiling, refining programs and performing test readiness review and procurement activities. The TS Senior Application Developer ensures that throughout the development phase, the process is documented. He/she develops procedures for application use and security. Integration and Testing
Once the application has been designed, the TS Senior Application Developer tests the program prior to its deployment and release. If the test does not deliver the required results, the TS Senior Application Developer examines the program errors in logic and data and makes the necessary corrections and if required, escalates the problem to the Application Architect. In so doing, they perform debugging and data resolution activities. Implementation
The TS Senior Application Developer works with the Application Architect, Project and Technical teams to assist with the installation and deployment of the application. This includes implementation preparation, implementation of the solution into a production environment and resolution of any problems identified in the integration and test phases. Evaluation
These individuals are required to write and distribute the tasks descriptions in a production environment to operate and maintain the solution they have designed and implemented. This includes post implementation and in process reviews. Mentor/coach
The TS Senior Application Developer acts as a mentor for younger developers. They motivate their teams and ensure that they have the necessary tools to successfully do their jobs. Behavioural skills
TS Senior Application Developers are able to work with abstract concepts and have sound problem solving and analytical skills. They are able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including the technical teams and clients. They demonstrate impeccable attention to detail and work well within a team environment. They have good knowledge of project management principles and they ensure that projects with clients are executed accordingly.
They display strong client service orientation and strive for client engagement. They continuously contribute to the improvement of internal effectiveness by contributing to the improvement of current methodologies, processes and tools. What will make you a good fit for the role? Job Description:
In the role of Senior Java Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing high-quality business solution for NTT Singapore Solution Pte Ltd and its clients. Combination of on-site/offsite low level requirements gathering, understanding client's needs, and working with the architects to come up with a viable solution Qualifications
5-9+ years work experience with the following languages and tools:
- Proven experience as a Senior Java Developer
- Good working knowledge in on Java/J2EE, .Net and/or mobile Technologies
- Extensive experience with Java framework/SDK and development tools.
- Strong Java development experience wth RDMS like oracle or mysql or mongoDB
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC, Api, MVC, hibernate)
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
- Understand browser-specific compatibility issues
- Expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of user-centric software, with focus on usability
- Certification in Java or equivalent
- Understanding and practicing of Agile methodologies will be added advantages
- Familiar with Cloud application deployment such as (azure, aws or google cloud).
- Experience in Java based mobile application will be added advantages
- Report to development team lead.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Provide level 2 and 3 support to business users.
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong proof reading skills
- Desire to learn new skills and improve
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork
- Willing to share and coach developer
Bachelors or Associate degree in IT discipline. 5-9+ years in software development desired. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today. Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.