Role: Senior Analyst, Public Markets (Technology)
About the Organisation:
Sun Venture Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore-based investment firm that provides multi asset class offerings. With a forward-looking mentality, Sun Venture strives to be a professional, trusted partner to its clients.
About the Department:
Sun Venture’s Public Markets business runs a number of strategies across global markets including Equity Long Only funds and Equity Long Short Hedge Funds. With continued strong growth and performance, Sun Venture Public Markets department is expanding and is now seeking a Senior Analyst to lead sector coverage of Global Technology as well as provide secondary support to other sectors. The role holder will have responsibility for managing a sector portfolio as well as the selection of best ideas for inclusion in the core funds. This role would be reporting to the Head of Public Markets who is based in Singapore.
- To lead sector coverage of Global Technology as well as provide secondary support to other sectors.
- To select best ideas through investment analysis of securities and appraisal of allocated sector(s), for inclusion in the core funds.
- To make security recommendations for investment to the Portfolio Manager and Head of Public Markets.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Masters/CFA/CPA or other advanced qualification is an advantage.
- 7-10 years of experience covering Global IT within a dynamic long only or L/S hedge fund preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required for presentation and reporting purposes.
- Knowledge of additional languages would be advantageous for interpretating information.
- Advanced Finance and Accounting knowledge.
- Detailed fundamental model building capabilities, coupled with ability to determine appropriate valuations of companies and securities.
- Concise report writing and thesis development abilities.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate investment ideas.
- Ability to understand and appraise business models and industry verticals including comparison analysis.
- Develop conviction in ideas and to take ownership of positions.
- Understand risk parameters and basic experience of portfolio construction.
- Ideally a self-starter who has the ability to work independently.
Only shortlisted candidates would be notified.