Senior Analyst, Data Analytics (Senior Associate / Associate Director)
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Singapore
- 29 Jan 18 2018-01-29
To work with specific client groups across Bank Of Singapore to make better business decisions by analyzing huge volumes of transaction and other data to uncover hidden patterns, unknown correlations and other useful information.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Generate actionable customer insight to improve key business outcomes
Support the deployment of world-class marketing analytics capabilities and practices to improve marketing effectiveness and efficiency at Bank of Singapore.
• Development and execution of marketing campaigns & event triggers to support customer acquisition, cross & upselling and account activation goals within BoS.
• Conducting data discovery and other data exploration activities to identify emerging trends and business opportunities for Front and Middle office teams.
• Development and ongoing management of campaign reporting, analysis and derivation of key customer metrics.
• Design of management reporting & visualization using Qlikview.
• Provision of ongoing support to segment, product & sales management in the profiling and segmentation of customers as well as conduct of tactical mining to support their business initiatives.
• Regular interaction with product and sales managers to understand their business objectives. Proactive recommendation on how you think analytics could help them achieve their goals.
2. Define the target operating model for Analytics within Bank of Singapore
As part of the BoS analytics team, support the design, build and deployment of the target analytics infrastructure & operating model.
• Identify relevant additional data sources required for integration into the Group Enterprise Data Warehouse to ensure completeness of customer, product and transactional data.
• Develop processes for ensuring that analytical work is fully aligned with business priorities & maximizes translation of Insights into Action.
• Implement measurement framework to show the incremental business benefits generated by analytics to the bank.
General Knowledge & Experience
• Understanding of banking, insurance or financial services preferred
• Understanding of the role of analytical marketers
• Exposure to data management and analysis functions
Programming & Data
• Exposure to database, analytical marketing or campaign management functions.
• Ability to analyse, identify, visualize and describe key trends within large datasets.
• Machine learning, statistical modeling, visualization.
•Ideally has prior experience of Campaign Management (Unica / SAS /Adobe) and Direct Marketing experiment design concepts
• Some prior exposure to analytical software tools of leading analytical software tools (such as SAS / SPSS / R / Spark); leading database environments (Oracle / Teradata / Hadoop / SQL); reporting tools (Qlikview / Tableau / D3) and/or contact management platforms (Siebel / Pega).
Communication & Soft Skills
• Curiosity & a real passion for understanding “why?”
• Creativity to see possibilities within the data & translate into decisions and actions for non-technical business users.
• Ability to visualise patterns arising out of data analysis and turn these into compelling stories.
• Ability to influence senior business leaders to take action on data driven insights