Senior Analyst - Analytics Enablement (Big Data Engineer)
At Great Eastern, we are building a data platform to realize the full value of our data. As data grows exponentially in both volume and strategic importance, it is becoming increasingly clear that to realize its full potential, it becomes more important than ever to expose data widely so that analysts can use it to create value. The Big Data Engineer is responsible to support the accelerated creation of Contextual datasets for analytics purposes and build data products that drive business impact. The Job
The Big Data Engineer will work across IT, Data Management and Governance, Business Intelligence & Viz, Data Scientists and key Business users to deliver key subject oriented datasets and data products that enable data-driven businesses.
- C onduct data requirements assessment and analysis of the data requests.
- Work with involved parties to procure and build the data product according to requirements.
- Design and work on the solution for data pipelines that feeds into dashboards or predictive models.
- Work across various stakeholders to ensure smooth production deployment of data pipeline and adherence to data governance policies.
- Proactively identify and suggest solutions to improve data engineering process.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.