- Permanent, Full time
Senior Algorithm & Data Engineer
- Full time
Collaborate with the most renowned intellectuals in the heart of Beijing, Directly transform how this multi billion dollar American corporation and household name develops digital systems and empowers the people to create groundbreaking innovations Turning complex data into optimized data models and fuel powerful analytics - as a Senior Data/Algorithm Engineer, you need to be a technical master, and source and develop critical data models to drive analytics.
The R&D department plays an important role in leveraging data for irresistible superior product and package design and experience. You will be identifying data sources and creating effective data processing pipelines, and enabling insight generation from the data exclusive to the corporation by partnering with the multiple functional teams.
- Defining conceptual/logical data model and data architecture and strategy to meet agreed to business requirements of high resolution images.
- Collaborating with IT to define data storage solution and access of high resolution images. Scope includes acquiring, cleaning, formatting and structuring data to enable data analysis.
- Defining the business work process to ensure data standards are met and ensure ongoing data quality, security and governance.
- Ensure analytic needs are understood and met by working closely with the Data Scientist and R&D teams and business partners on specific project needs
- Database Architecture and Programming proficiency (demonstrated real world skills) with databases (relational, graph, NoSQL, MongoDB), data modeling, and relevant programming tools such as SQL, Python, SPARK
- Image handling and querying expertise with imaging pipeline related skills e.g. experience with OpenCV, FFMPEG; experience with Docker and micro-services
- Working with Big Data technologies including Cloud Technologies (Amazon AWS, Azure, Google) and Database technology (Hadoop, MS SQL Server)
- Technical proficiency in Algorithm Engineering
- NLP/Text mining experience is highly regarded
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences and Engineering.
- Experience with and staying current on modern data science tools
- Understand proper data handling and security requirements based on latest company policy and local legal/regulatory requirements e.g. security classification, PII with proven experience delivering and securing high quality data.
- Strong Leadership and partnership skills - can operate and influence with sufficient independence to provide technical direction to the project team, can partner with multiple functions effectively.
- Strong hands on and problem solving skills, and agility to manage multiple tasks.