Securities Services Technology Support - Asia Regional Lead
The Apps Support Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of how apps support integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry
- Vendor relationship management including oversight for all offshore managed service
- Improve the service level the team provides to our end users, which includes maximizing operational efficiencies, strengthening incident management, problem management and knowledge sharing practices.
- Partner with Application Developer leads to drive platform stability improvements for Funds and Custody applications for ASIA business, engage with development and partner support teams to drive a culture of efficiency and operational excellence
- Formulate and implement a framework for managing capacity, throughput and latency
- Define and implemented application support on-boarding guidelines and standards
- Work with various team members on coaching them on how to maximize their potential, work better in a highly integrated team environment and focus on bringing out their strengths
- Drives continued cost reductions and efficiencies across the portfolios supported by means of Root Cause Analysis reviews, Knowledge management, Performance tuning, and user training
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions
- Participates in business review meetings, relating technology tools strategies to business requirements
- Assures adherence to all support process and tool standards and work with Management to create new and/or enhance processes to ensure consistency and quality in "best practices" across the overall support program
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate with external parties
- Own the management and control reporting for Securities Services Production support in the region and represent the group in all executive reporting councils and meetings.
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval
- Talent development and succession planning for in region production support teams, plan and deliver PS location strategy in-line with budget forecast
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Respond to technology events and incidents in a swift and effective manner and drives teams to resolve critical incidents while managing senior stakeholder and executive communications. Establish robust problem management practice to ensure open risks are addressed with mitigating controls and strategic fixes
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Post-Graduation in relevant field preferred
- Senior to advanced level experience in an Apps Support role with commensurate experience in people management.
- Experience of senior stakeholder management
- Project management with demonstrable results in improving IT services
- Capacity Planning/Forecasting exposure a plus
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholders at senior executive levels
- Hands on experience of Funds services and Custody Clearing Products
- Understanding and practice of problem management methodologies
- Knowledge/experience of problem management tools
- Experience using call/ticketing software
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:
- This is an excellent opportunity with multifaceted challenges in-terms of regional ownership, talent planning & management and direct interactions with regional O&T and business heads.
- The job will give exposure to a wide range of technologies and market participants.
- Excellent opportunity to learn Fund administration, securities settlement products and workflows
Technology Job Family:
Applications Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting