Section Head, API & Microservices
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Responsible for providing leadership and oversight to a team of software engineers building solutions and capabilities at scale and high engineering and quality standards.
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of software engineers building solutions and capabilities at scale and high engineering and quality standards.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required solutions.
- Partner with architects to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best patterns and our architectural target state.
- Provide technical thought leadership towards solving problems for the team.
- Drive the adoption of key engineering best practices to improve quality and reliability of team's deliverables.
- Responsible for keeping the team engaged, motivated and operating with a high execution velocity.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of direct reports.
- Develop and nurture team of developers by motivating and mentoring, and assist in hiring critical talent.
- Design, develop and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components
- Guiding developers in day to day design and coding tasks, stepping in to code if needed.
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree, preferably in Computer Science with 12+ years of experience
- Strong software product development background with a passion for building cloud based applications with high levels of reliability, availability and security
- Very good understanding of Enterprise Application Lifecycle Management needs.
- Significant experience building enterprise class applications using Java and Spring boot technologies and/or Mean Stack
- Experience building Enterprise Restful web services
- Ability to guide user interface development teams with Angular
- Experience in technologies such as NoSQL
- Experience with distributed computing, microservices and high volume transaction processing is a big plus
- Experience with service orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Nomad etc. is a plus
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications.
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering best practices and passion to implement these across teams.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
- 5+ years of people management experience in agile software development
- Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent developers in fast paced work environment
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.