- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Scrum Master & Technical Coach
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Scrum Master & Technical CoachAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
About Global Banking Technology & Our Value Proposition
Global Banking Technology services Corporate, Institutional, Commercial and Financial Institution clients with technology solutions catered to teams of relationship managers and product specialists. We offer a suite of technology platforms for functions like Client Enablement & Corporate Finance, Credit Origination, Client Lifecycle & Document Management, Lending, Client Documentation among others. We are a team of talented, diverse technologists who champion change, excellence and stewardship.
With our platform estate that includes mobile solutions on a varied tech stack, Global Banking Technology offers the best learning opportunities for any dynamic self-starter. We follow agile methodology and you will actively participate in all aspects of solution engineering & engage with business stakeholders as applicable. Together with a group of highly driven technologists, you will get to collaborate and work on solutions that provide the best digital experiences and continually enhance existing offerings. Innovation is a big part of our execution agenda as we strive for excellence. If you are a curious technologist and tackling challenges excites you, then a role in Global Banking Technology is the right fit for you.
As a Scrum Master in Global Banking Technology within the Credit Origination portfolio, you will coach platform and application development teams and their Product Owners on Agile practices. You will be involved in all aspects of delivery: facilitating daily stand-ups, story breakdown and estimation, sprint & release planning, demos and retrospectives. You will regularly work with product owners to ensure backlogs are refined and maintained, as well as other scrum masters and subject matter experts to help teams resolve impediments, understand key inter-team dependencies, and continually uplift the agile practices of the team, Global Banking, and the bank.
• Adaptive to changing situations and enjoy collaborating with global teams in a diverse multi-cultural environment
• Passionate for solving challenging problems and learning new skills
• Highly self-motivated and able to work well under pressure to manage competing demands, complex situations, people and technology
• A master of the Agile methodology, Scrum framework and concepts; relevant industry certifications are another advantage.
• Minimum 1-2 years of Scrum Master experience in implementing software or web development projects
• Demonstrated ability to coach teams and monitor effectiveness on good agile and engineering practices, moving them towards self-management and ownership of work (backlog management, burndown & velocity metrics, task-level definition/estimation, etc)
• Coach and Support the Product Owner and other stakeholders while building a trusting and safe environment for the team where problems can be raised without fear, blame, retribution or judgement
• Demonstrated experience removing impediments to the ability of the team to deliver and improve.
• Good understanding on Release Management, DevOps, Engineering Practices, Quality & Test strategies
• Excellent communication, stakeholder management and negotiation skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant disciplines
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: Kanban, User Stories, ATDD, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Agile Games
• Detail knowledge of Banking ecosystems - preferably in Risk or Corporate & institutional clients domain with understanding of associated applications, down-streams/up-streams, systems interfaces, products, process, and Risk regulatory framework/models/reporting.
• Previous experience as a Technical/Team Lead
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.