About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Culture and Mindset change - Ownership and accountability of establishing agile values, methods, principles and practices for the delivery of high quality products. Building a trusted and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies, including Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Demo, Sprint Retrospective and Sprint Planning.
- Removes obstacles or impediments to the team's progress, escalates to Delivery Lead and/ or Head as required. Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work. Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Guides the team in process improvement, helps them to identify its strengths and weaknesses and achieve optimum productivity.
- Supports team by liaising with parties external to the development team, inspecting daily progress towards Sprint Goal.
- Supports Product Owner in Backlog Refinement, e.g. by proposing techniques for effective Backlog management.
- Contributes in Inception Workshops to define product/product changes and Scrum of Scrums (where applicable) to resolve blockers, propose improvements & discuss lessons learnt.
- Provides/Educates a deeper understanding of the team's reporting (Burn-upp/downs etc).
- Agile Community - Supports the agile transformation together with Agile Working Group and actively participates in communities to share learnings.
- In playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Agile principles and practices, and theory
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Amicable influencing skills used in coaching of Agile teams. Being a partner to Product Owner and supporting him through providing coaching, good practices & tools to maximize the value delivered Delivering products end-to-end through several releases with focus on continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation
- Working with stakeholders outside of the development team to resolve impediments team may have.
- Skilled in JIRA and Confluence usage
- Evidence of continual improvement and investment into you (i.e. training, education, secondments into new areas)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.