Sales Engineer, Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Sales Engineer leads the pre-sales effort to educate the prospects in the use, features and benefits of the Charles River Investment Management Solution across multiple Asset Classes especially within Singapore as well as other Asian Pacific Markets. Reporting to the Manager of Sales Engineering - APAC and ultimately to the Director of Sales - APAC, this role involves enhancing CRD's regional footprint and Sales through superior solutions demonstrations and targeted events and tradeshows. A core component is solution demonstration and enthusiastic product presentation. Additionally, the role works closely with the sales team to ensure all product, workflow, and best practice questions and objections are thoroughly addressed. This is a senior role and the sales engineer must be perceived as highly credible and knowledgeable in both the investment industry and the Charles River solution. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
The role involves demonstrating Charles River solutions to many of the world's most significant investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance companies.
- To be a product expert on the CR IMS.
- Liaison between investment management markets, Charles River sales team and product management team.
- Close interaction with Charles River sales team to drive forward sales process.
- Forge relationships with Charles River clients through business and social contact.
- Travel to clients and prospective clients across Asia Pacific.
- To quickly become familiar with developments of and enhancements to CR IMS.
- Training of Charles River sales team and clients, and implementation staff in the product.
The role requires the successful applicant to allocate time as follows:
What we value
- 50% preparation and detailed product presentation and demonstration to highly sophisticated investment professionals.
- 20% follow-up with prospects to close out any unanswered questions or objections.
- 10% represent CRD at conferences and Industry trade show events.
- 10% coordinate or assist in general prospect visits or product test pilot projects.
- 10% assist with RFPs or request for information preparation.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Front and Middle Office knowledge across equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX etc.
- Must have technical acumen to understand requirements and objections and be able to articulate CRD advantages.
- Excellent organisation skills; ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and meet self-imposed deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Foster relationships with senior market practitioners in large and small corporations.
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand a prospects' business and workflows, and adapt the functional components of the CR IMS, as required, for detailed demonstrations and workshops.
- Able to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation skills particularly to large and complex audiences.
- Consultative presentation and selling style.
- Comfortable with PC technology and general applications.
- Language skills - Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Thai would also be an advantage, but not mandatory.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience in trade operations, settlements, corporate actions and position management.
- Other desirable areas of knowledge in one or more of the following areas: portfolio management, trading, performance, risk and compliance.
- Experience in the financial markets industry is mandatory.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of Financial/Software Services industry background with financial market information systems preferred.
- Bachelors Degree from a leading university in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or the like.
About State Street What we do.
- 20-30% estimated Asia-Pacific regional travel.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers