My client is a Edtech start up selling SaaS to high Schools / Secondary schools globally.
My clients sales/growth team is hyper-focused on growing sustainably with flair. They support all departments, helping to accelerate projects and establish new relationships. On top of their focus to establish their company as a loved global brand, our growth team is passionate about helping our partner schools have the best college application experience possible.
As the Director of Sales, you must be able to build and nurture teams to accelerate the growth of sales. Define and execute appropriate sales strategies; business development, marketing, technical, ad operations and sales support programs to maximize sales and profitability. You’ll be solving business problems, collaborating across teams (product, customer success, marketing), and passionate about having a huge impact on a growing team. Based out of our headquarters in Singapore, you will report directly to the CEO and will oversee internal sales teams globally.
We want you to earn trust, build lasting relationships, and wow people - making this company the essential partner for every school.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate across marketing, product, and customer success teams to understand business questions and drive insights
- Marketing team - agree upon strategies, execute those strategies, and provide strategic feedback with an eye on data and leading indicators to ensure that we’re doing the right things, and they’re going well
- Product - learn about new features to improve how we talk about this product and give them insights from the industry to help them understand how to build the future
- Customer Success - more than handing off new clients, get an idea of what our current users love and want the most to better understand client segments and profiles to ensure that every conversation any potential client has is with a knowledgeable professional
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on sales metrics (Demand Generation, Pipeline Forecast and Trends, Conversion Rates, Market Segmentation, Win/Loss) for the management.
- Accountable for performance of every member of the sales team, in all regions and at all levels
- Report on key KPIs related to the lead and the opportunity waterfall in order to implement a consistent closed-loop between marketing and sales
- Forecast hiring needs for the sales department.
- Oversee the activity of sales team members. Train and develop new and existing members in the sales team globally. Become known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top sales people want to join
- Focus on meeting your individual and team annual targets. Creating a culture of success and ongoing goal achievement.
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives
- Strategize and pilot new initiatives to drive pipeline growth and conversion rates
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions. Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Build strong sales processes and standards that build trust with data and provide consistent metrics across the organisation
- Organize and lead regional events. Attend conferences and roadshows to represent this client and meet prospective customers
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends
- Validate the quality of the lead and pipeline data and provide guidance to improve the overall data quality.
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams and fosters a culture of continuous process improvement
What you should have
- Proven experience as a Director of Sales, VP of Sales or other senior role. Experience in building and growing regional sales/business development teams
- 8+ years of experience in a sales position within a fast-paced environment with proven and successful ability to lead a group of sales personnel towards growth toward enhanced revenue generation.
- Experience working with remote teams. We live, breathe, and type from all around the world
- Experience working in growth stage B2B SaaS companies
- Strong stakeholder management skills and are comfortable managing expectations and keeping teams on track
- Meaningful experience with CRM strategy and management, with a strong interest in how it works “under the hood”
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions
- Creative, methodical problem-solving skills with a focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking.
- Excel in maintaining good relationships with partners and clients in the target market