SVP / VP, Senior Data Scientist, Analytics Centre of Excellence, DBS Transformation Group
Here at the DBS Transformation Group, we focus on nurturing the culture of the "World's Best Digital Bank" (Euromoney, 2016 & 2018) and Best Bank in the World (Euromoney 2019). Our approach is a combination of both science and art; we immerse our stakeholders in the world of design thinking and experimentation, drive rigorous creativity along our pipeline, and build connections between corporate entrepreneurs and start-ups. We are a cross-disciplinary team focused on the invention of solutions that will radically improve the way people live, work and play. We are passionate and committed to making banking joyful (while having lots of fun)! Who we are
The Analytics Centre of Excellence is established as the central team to develop the machine learning practice for DBS group. We work with business to develop large scale machine learning solutions to be deployed into production. At the same time, we also lead the development of enterprise advanced analytic infrastructure as well as creating various data science best practice for DBS. Responsibilities
The hired data scientist will be part of the DataFirst - Analytics Centre of Excellence team and will primarily play an active role in supporting the bank to build advance analytic solutions by working with the business owners/sponsors, and other data scientists to develop advance analytics solutions, especially in machine learning and statistical techniques. Requirements
- PhD or master's in computer science/engineering, or other related fields, preferably in the area of machine learning, data mining, deep learning, or equivalent quantitative fields preferred. Strong mathematical background.
- 5+ years of data analytics experience in industry (ideally banking, finance, ecommerce, telecoms, retail, fintech or technology firms) and/or academia with demonstrated track record of innovative research and insight generation and implementation of insights into tools/processes delivering front end business results
- 5+ years of experience on large amount of data, building and implementing various machine learning models or applications.
- Excellent modelling background including but not limited to classification, clustering, recommender systems, deep learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing et al.
- Programming experience in Python, PySpark, Tensorflow, Pytorch or other machine learning oriented programming languages/platforms.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Hive. Proficient in using databases like Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Have gone through 1 full SDLC for products related/involved machine learning
- Solid track record of deploying machine learning solution into production environment and integrate into operation
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strategic thinker
- Ability to communicate complex analysis/models across a diverse team.
- Good interpersonal skill and able to influence the decision making of data science and IT
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with machine learning framework and different tasks performed during the modelling process. In-depth understanding of data processing, wrangling and feature engineering techniques.
- Proficiency with code management tools such Git/Bitbucket and willing to take up other software development tools such as Jira and confluence.
- Experience building large scale distributed machine learning solutions
- Eager to learn and get hands dirty with new technology.
- Familiar with NLP/Graph Mining/Deep Learning
- Expert on the open source stack of bid data and machine learning solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, Mesos, Hive, Impala, Spark Streaming, Kafka, API, Anaconda
- Familiar with development, deployment, production and operation life cycle of the machine learning product and software best practices such as SDLC, CICD, Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience building robust & high-throughout API for analytics-as-a-service solutions
- CFA/CPA/FRM certificate will be a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.