SVP / VP, Operations Manager, Treasury & Markets, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
About the T&M Group
DBS bank is poised to be the best bank in the world by 2020, and our Treasury and Markets group, apart from trading business also manufactures investment products to regional customers in both Consumer and Institutional Bank, which is an important component of the bankâ€™s growth strategy.
T&M Operations operates as a Regional Process Center (Hub & Spoke) supporting T&M businesses in the region. The hub and spoke model allows T&M business to scale up while remaining agile in product and service offerings in the fast, evolving market environment. As T&M business expands product offerings in the region coupled with the dynamic regulatory environment, T&M Ops leverages on this unique advantage to continue to standardize processes to manage processing risk and to facilitate automation. T&M Operations has embarked on an exciting mission to operate like a Control Tower towards becoming BBIW in 2020. This includes a series of roadmaps of continuous improvement with process automation, applying journey thinking in our processes to Design For Digital, Design For No Ops and Data Strategy to make banking joyful.
About this role
Last year T&M Ops laid the foundation for change and started our journey towards 2020 Control Tower by defining the roadmap to transform T&M Ops towards the BBIW vision. We are looking for a game changer to help build and execute an innovative approach to drive end to end process change to support T&M business in a scalable fashion and explore new business openings. You will be well-versed in T&M workflows to work across functional teams and businesses to forge the relationships to co-create end to end workflow and solution with T&M and T&M Ops counterparts in Singapore and the region. We are looking for someone to align to our bank-wide Innovation team, who truly wants to redefine the banking industry especially in the Investment Banking or Treasury & Markets.
- Responsible to manage the Treasury Ops team (size of 20-30 staff) focusing on operational support and initiatives to deliver business solution and strategic objectives
- Drive continuous improvement through design thinking and innovation with focus on digitization of end to end workflow and using data to solve business operation problems, develop a culture of delivering insights using data
- Drive strategic partnership with technology, functional teams and business to co-create solution
- Work with cross functional teams and businesses to develop roadmap and to execute to scorecard and business KPIs
- Manage risks and controls through process automation and inculcate risk awareness culture through design thinking and process management
- Monitor operational performance through dashboard leveraging real-time data and insight
- Regional oversight on functional teams to drive standardization and operation best practices
- Good understanding of end to end Treasury Business and Operations support functions related products and services
- Good macro view of Treasury business operations and apply data for analytics driving business impact.
- Good business acumen, ability to commercialize opportunities through data driven solutions, excellent consultative selling skills
- Good understanding of Industry development and regulatory development
- Strong influencing skills; strategic thinker; hands-on and delivery focused
- Highly adaptable, self-starter, ability to deal with ambiguity, thrives in fast-moving and high-growth environments, bias towards execution
- Familiar with project management/Scrum Master (Agile concepts)
- Excellent communication skill to deal with client, senior business partners
- Degree holder with minimal 10-15 yearsâ€™ experience in Treasury Ops functions
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.