SVP / VP, Customer Segment Data Lead, Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Your Role
- With the evolution of the Digital era into the Cognitive Banking era, it is time to transform our omni channel experience using artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions to enable a hyper personalized experience for our customers at scale.
- Main objective of the data lead role is to work out the cognitive banking hyper personalization use cases, and deliver them in collaboration with the distribution strategy lead, sales heads and the business analytics units in the bank.
- This role sits at the intersection between business and science, and requires disruptive thinking.
- Work with the subject matter experts in the Customer Management and Distribution fields to define impactful use cases that can be industrialized and scaled across the region.
- Mine and uncover actionable insights from Wealth customer and RM data and develop testable hypotheses and use cases from the data models.
- To support the experimentation and implementation which could include exploratory assessments to in-country execution
- Translate complex findings and results into business initiatives that will move the business forward and sharpen business decision-making process.
- Research new measurements, metrics and frameworks to facilitate rigorous tracking, monitoring and effectiveness of the use cases
- Build effective relationship with stakeholders to influence leaders to take action
- Be the subject matter expert on data, data-driven approaches, methodology and its practical application
- Timely delivery on quality use cases, for both experimental stages and actual implementation to deliver business results to support the shift towards Cognitive Banking
- Ability to demonstrate thinking out of the box, not accepting status quo, consistently looking for opportunities to improve/enhance areas of focus
- Ability to think strategically for the business through a data lens
- Close collaboration with other work streams within the department and key stakeholders
- Receive positive feedback from peers and seniors during 360 reviews.
- At least 10 years of experience, including experience in the data/ AI field. Knowledge of Wealth Management is a plus.
- Experience in designing/developing, implementing, and analysing data from surveys/experimental research
- Experience in drawing insights and actions from raw business data
- Passionate about data and insights, extremely curious with great attention to details
- Appreciation for the consumer and front office behaviours and is familiar with forward industry trends and data-related innovations across the region
- Goes beyond cookie-cutter analysis and collaborates with internal partners to provide bespoke solutions
- Well-honed interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to tailor explanations of statistical concepts to a variety of audiences including Senior Management
- Experience guiding and executing cross-functional data science initiatives to completion, while remaining hands-on
- Proactively perform data exploration to understand user behaviour and identify opportunities for improving our use cases
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Practical and hands-on
- Self-starter but loves working in a team and wants to avoid a silo environment
- Interest in new technology that promotes forward thinking, efficiency, and scalability
- Strong numeric / analysis skills
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of business needs (both internal and external) and insights for developing differentiated strategies.
- Drive innovative culture and inspire the team to play to win
- Build a risk management and control culture and ensure guidelines are adhered
- University level degree
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.