We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
I nvestment Services Private Market and Finance
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance (ISPVMF) Department leverages data and emerging technology to provide investment services and financial management on Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Cross-Strategy investments, strategically and tactically. The department oversee the development and implementation of business infrastructural plans and operating models needed to scale GIC's investments in the alternative asset classes globally. The department is responsible for deal structuring, due diligence and closing, financial operations across GIC's Private Equity, Infrastructure, and Real Estate assets, as well as tax structuring, corporate holding structures, valuations and financial reporting. The department also oversees the GIC Group's revenues and expenditures. To support the growth in private equity, real estate and infrastructure investments, where larger transactions, differentiated opportunities and complex investment vehicles are scaling up, we need to create a scalable transaction execution platform. We are looking for an experienced individual to drive the development of execution capabilities, overseeing specialized expertise in closing, finance, tax and operations. Responsibilities
- Develop strategic blueprints to develop and implement business and operating models to enable greater scalability in investments in the private markets;
- Work closely with business heads to develop new capabilities, manage deal pipeline and deal execution;
- Work on business strategy, including developing strategies on multiple services lines to enable transaction execution - deal closing, treasury, tax, and finance, including ongoing organizational restructuring;
- Drive the digital roadmap to enable deal execution with greater efficiency and effectiveness in execution;
- Work across different GIC's investment strategy groups and CIOs in executing private market deals; and
- Resolve deal execution issues and potential road-blockers arising from execution, operational, risk and compliance considerations
The successful candidate will support the Department in delivering Sustainable Top Quartile Performance. Accordingly, they are required to interact with people at all levels across the firm. He/She will also work closely with deal teams across 11 GIC locations, as well as counterparties and service providers across the globe. Requirements
- Good Degree in Finance, Business or related fields with minimum 15 years relevant working experience in executing deals in the private equity, real estate and infrastructure industries
- Strong analytical abilities with an eye for details, and good interpersonal, project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and think strategically, yet operate at a tactical level.
- Experience in treasury, cash management or financing would be an advantage.