SVP Trading Risk & Control Officer
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success. Role and team summary:
Citi Markets and Securities Services (MSS) Trading Risk and Control is looking for a Senior Vice President with experience in 1LoD and 2LoD Market Risk Management to work on the Price Risk initiative. This initiative covers inventory and collateral valuations, market risk and related risk factor sensitivities, model risk including model methodologies, development and documentation. The successful candidate will have market risk experience to use within an expanding function responsible for designing, implementing and leading an enhanced strategic control framework for Price Risk across MSS.
This role is also a key member of a broader 1st Line Risk & Control function directly supporting Global Markets as one of the major businesses within the Institutional Clients Group. The Global Markets Risk & Control team is mandated to establish and maintain a robust 1st Line of Defence designed to minimize risk within the business including leading critical control remediation projects to mitigate risk in Trading, Financial Crimes and Conduct while ensuring strong governance to measure, monitor, manage and escalate key risks. Development Opportunities:
- Opportunity to widen your knowledge of the investment banking industry and the products traded
- Chance to build an exceptional global network of professionals, trading desks, technology teams and 2nd line functions, including Finance and Risk
- Long-term career path across geographies and business lines
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Help design, develop and maintain strategic controls in 1st line market risk management
- Experience with market risk limits, banking book limits and stress frameworks
- Understanding of market liquidity, associated measures and market dynamics
- A working knowledge of 'Greeks' and ideally exposure to more than 2 asset classes (Rates, FX, Credit, Equities, XVA)
- Responsibility would include improvement of scenario analysis and stress testing
- Knowledge of major regulatory deliverables (CCAR, ICAAP). Ideally prior experience facing regulators.
- Project management skillset beneficial
- Problem solving approach and ability to work well under pressure
Job Family Group:
- 10 years' experience in a market risk, trading or related risk and control function
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Strong ability in interacting with and influencing senior business stakeholders
- Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; Must be articulate and persuasive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite including Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio.
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting