SVP, Reputation Risk
- Aug 13, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for their full bank services footprints across APAC.
The Singapore team is looking for a SVP to join their 2nd line defense risk management function, taking on key responsibilities looking after the specialised vertical of Reputational Risk for the APAC business. As a senior leader in the risk management function, you are expected to provide subject matter expertise, playing an important role in oversight and monitoring key controls from a governance perspective.
Role and responsibilities
- Establishes and oversees the application of reputation risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to reputation risk issues by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) product and transaction reviews, BRCCs, and all operational risk categories where, should an operational risk event occur, reputation risk may manifest. Serves as a subject matter expert for all performance issues that surface.
- Issues Management (Corrective Action Plans)
- Resolves transactional level escalations coming from third parties (vendor or internal service providers)
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Collaborates to resolve any issues; escalate those that require commercial or legal support.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the bank, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Degree holder
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Broad spectrum of risk management experience under the wider umbrella of Operational Risk & Enterprise Risk Management
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all levels of the organization and with external partners and vendors. Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships. Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
- Detailed oriented with analytical skills, as the role requires a large amount of data manipulation and presentation. Expert in Microsoft Office Tools.
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at email@example.com for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932