SVP, Regional Deposits & Secured Lending Product Lead, Regional Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Responsibilities
- Manage the design, development and P&L for deposits & secured lending products. Review and endorse product programs, new product proposals, product propositions & strategies;
- Analyse and review products, recommend changes to maximise competitiveness, improve customer experience and/or profitability;
- Ensure the effective planning and execution of marketing programs to grow liabilities portfolio, retain profitable customers and achieve steady NII growth;
- Review and endorse pricing strategies. Analyse pricing of key competitors and recommend pricing revisions if necessary. Ensure competitive value propositions and the alignment of marketing and promotional initiatives with portfolio growth and NIM targets;
- Review underwriting criteria, portfolio credit quality management to optimise risk adjusted returns. Ensure alignment between credit risk management and the business cycle in the respective locations.
- Monitor the dynamics of consumer behaviour in each product category, project portfolio balance flows and NIM for financial planning and portfolio forecasting;
- Identify trends and business opportunities and recommend updates/changes to enhance competitive positioning;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements related to the deposits & secured lending products in all locations that DBS has consumer banking operations. Keep abreast of related regulatory changes, assess the potential business impact and recommend necessary strategic adjustments.
- At least twelve years experience in the banking industry with strong knowledge of deposits & secured loans products and pricing mechanisms. Regional experience in Asia is an advantage;
- Experienced in product management, including new product development, pricing, marketing, and portfolio performance metrics;
- Strategic thinker, who understands and anticipates changing customer needs and market developments regionally and can focus on developing and implementing profitable business opportunities;
- Well versed in current mortgage banking and consumer lending practices, particularly an in-depth understanding of sales and credit processes and underwriting policies;
- Thorough understanding of the interest rate environment, competitive landscape and consumer behaviour;
- Experience in distribution and sales force management, budgeting and financial forecasting an added advantage;
- Strong leadership, motivational, influencing skills to manage cross-border and cross-functional initiatives, as well as ability to gain and maintain commitment from business partners;
- Motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.