SVP, Enterprise Architect (Data), Group Technology
Posting Date: 09-Jul-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Partnering with and acting as a trusted advisor to stakeholders in both business and IT to assist in defining and delivering high quality enterprise capable solutions
- Working closely with stakeholders to develop practical roadmaps to move the enterprise towards the future state vision, while taking into account business, technical and delivery constraints
- Analyzing stakeholder requirements, current state architecture, and gaps to create a future state architecture vision for one or more parts of the enterprise with a focus on reduced complexity, cost efficiencies, reuse, convergence, reduced risk and/or improved business capabilities
- Participating in defining and operating the architecture governance process to ensure change initiatives align to the vision and roadmaps
- Working closely with Domain Architects across key initiatives and projects to apply architecture principles and standards, and develop reference architectures and design patterns
- Communicating the principles, standards, vision and roadmaps to stakeholders and proactively addressing any questions / concerns identified
- Providing thought leadership on architectural or other topics, developing a forward looking view of current and emerging technologies and their impact on the Enterprise Architecture
- Embedding Platform Thinking in everything
- Owning and enhancing workflows and processes, and delegates with clear accountabilities across the teams to meet objectives / outcomes
- Promoting an environment of learning and development. Understand and develop team members and others to achieve their professional growth
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent; Master's degree in Business or Technology is an advantage
- Formal architecture certification (TOGAF or equivalent)
- At least 15 years' experience in the IT industry, preferably in large, complex enterprises
- At least 7 years' experience in Enterprise Architecture in a large, complex, multi-location, multi-national environment
- Deep experience delivering mission critical, enterprise scale IT solutions in a heterogeneous technology environment
- Demonstrate deep domain expertise in Data Domain
- Experience architecting, designing and developing large scale data solutions utilizing a mixture of Big Data and Relational database platforms.
- Direct experience with Big Data Platforms, designing data pipelines and data ops.
- Familiarity with:
- best practice methodologies and tools for the entire solution lifecycle from ideation to requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and operations
- one or more formal Architecture frameworks / methodologies (TOGAF, Zachman, BIAN, etc.)
- architecture governance frameworks
- heterogeneous technology platforms such as AS400, Unix/Linux, Windows
- A deep understanding of all domains of Enterprise Architecture, including the business, data, application, infrastructure and security domains
- Possess strong understanding of business strategies and able to translate them into concrete achievable action plans
- Practical experience in:
- data modelling, object modelling, design patterns and Enterprise Architecture tool or other software modelling tools.
- business capabilities model
- Advanced Relational Database Experience (RDBMS) in one or more of the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Functional Expertise Required in at least two of the below domains:
- Wholesale Cash & Payments
- Trade & Financial Supply Chain
- eChannels and CRM
- eco-system partnerships and API (Open Banking)
- Proven experience leading teams resulting in the successful deployment of applications built on data platforms.
- Candidates having experience with migrating from legacy applications to a solution utilizing Big Data Platforms will be preferred.
- Experience in Kafka and Spark is desirable.
- IT Strategy consulting experience will be an added advantage
- Comfortable in working in an environment which is vendor-intensive
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to communicate complex topics in an understandable way using a level of detail and terms appropriate to the situation
- Capability to think conceptually and identify patterns across seemingly unrelated situations
- Must be a good team player and able to drive consensus amongst stakeholders with conflicting viewpoints and objectives
- People and team management in a transversal function
- Able to collaborate and drive motivation across a diverse slate within and across teams and can deal with difficult conversations effectively
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.