SVP, Development Lead (Corporate Banking), Institutional Banking Group Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Able to work closely with the applications teams and other architects to drive high quality application development, raising the bar of engineering practises and value adding to the technical delivery
- Understands business functions, construct a solution architecture around APIs
- Ensure agreed architecture is implemented by development team using agreed on patterns with engineering teams and architects
- Work with business leaders to prepare and execute a change delivery framework
- Work with business stakeholders to identify the interest, concerns and issues of key stakeholder groups
- Keep management and project sponsors abreast of project developments - set up periodic reviews and prepare relevant documents to communicate progress
- Responsible for ensuring project steering committee meetings, cross function meetings and other key project meetings are effective and achieve objectives on a consistent manner
- Ensure capabilities are aligned with benefits (including liaising with sponsoring group)
- Able to project manage and allocated development capacity to completing scheduled task
- Manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans as well as user requirements and schedule sprints for offshore development
- Work with business and production management teams to prioritize and resolve critical production issues
- Recruitment of required resources
- Complete activities such as training needs analysis and determine appropriate training for staff in preparation for technology-based change initiatives
- Overall of 15 - 16 years of experience of Application Development & IT Project management, focusing on financial institution
- Support the successful delivery of technology-based change initiatives
- Knowledge of business/banking i.e. Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking
- Strong technical knowledge of RHEL, JBOSS, MariaDB, KAFKA, Active MQ, SQL, Shell scripting and TWS Job scheduling
- Knowledge of shell scripting, BASH.
- Provide 7 x 24 operational support for all production practices including weekends and holidays for
- SWIFT Systems
- Payment systems
- and other Cash management Platforms.
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Able to drive/recommend solutions to extended technology teams.
- Self-starter with good crisis management skills.
- Able to lead and facilitate meetings, to lead the technical team in driving investigation of incidents and corrective actions follow-ups
- Experience and understanding of Engineering practises and expertise as an Agile Manager. Skills in Jira and Confluence tools will be an advantage
- Exposure in managing multiple concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions
- Demonstrated experience in project or program management and change delivery
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple concurrent initiatives
- Monitoring team performance to ensure objectives are met, support employees with training and development activities
- Excellent organizational, vendor management, negotiation, and prioritization skills
- Proactive and able to work under pressure, strong problem-solving skills and positive "can do" attitude
- Demonstrated experience in influencing key stakeholders to ensure initiatives/projects are completed to timescale and budget and desired user outcomes
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.