SVP Application Development, Investment & Trading Technology, Technology and Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. About the Treasury and Markets (T&M) Group
DBS bank has been awarded the best bank in the world in 2019 #BBIW, and our Treasury and Markets group, providing products to customers in both Consumer and Institutional Bank, is an important component.
Essential aspects of our vision include strong pricing capabilities, data analytics and AI, as well as extending our reach through digital ecosystems.
The T&M business partners closely with the T&M technology group. The intent now is to extend that partnership to the Innovation team, though which we build a culture of creativity and courage across the Bank. The Innovation team is cross-disciplinary and has a wide remit across all business units and markets the bank operates in. They are passionate and committed to making banking joyful (while having lots of fun)! Job Purpose
Over the past 2 years T&M business had achieved more than 2 billion in income and we believe a sound innovation strategy could 2x this. Our team supports technology needs of T&M, while we are part of T&O. We are looking for Tech delivery lead to help build, drive the sales and distribution strategic platform for. The role will have regional oversight & delivery responsibilities in meeting the technology & digital needs of T&M sales & distribution regionally.
We are looking for someone who truly wants to redefine the banking industry especially in the Investment Banking or Treasury & Markets. You should be well-versed in how to tap new & be innovative as we continue to build on strong T&M franchise. The roadmap includes but is not limited to PaaS, Cloud adoption, microservices, in tapping data and analytics to drive business growth.
Will be a member of regional Leadership team and will be responsible for hiring / building / leading top talent application development teams, defining the delivery operating model for the portfolio with tech colleagues and business on regional basis.
If you understand technology and know how to build relationships and drive outcomes looking at new areas tapping on innovative technology and grow channel revenues... we have a position for you. Key Accountabilities
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery Leadership: Be accountable for ITT related delivery (analysis, design, development, administration, implementation) conducted at regional basis
- Operating Model: Build the operating model for delivery, i.e. metrics, processes/methods/tools, capabilities right-sourced etc taking into account of teams across location
- Architecture & Strategy : Experience in application architecture relating to new emergent technologies. Especially in the space of driving sales and distribution. Able to partner closely with Business in jointly building a joint business tech strategy
- Generate new ideas and business streams with T&M to extend reach and enhance reputation across Asia
- Conceptualize and develop analytics models with tangible outcomes for market and customer insights, growth opportunities, trading
- In-house Capability: Strong engineering skillsets is required as a fair amount of delivery will be undertaken inhouse via adoption of standards and common frameworks and services
- People Leadership: Able to manage delivery teams (across competencies) spread across locations
- Provide management and leadership support to inhouse teams and vendor staff. Directs the team's strategic direction, development and future growth related to architecture
- Drive end-to-end delivery of technology application services to the business for the following major areas - Treasury & Markets, sales & distributions
- Provide leadership to sub-department heads in a way that supports the company's culture, mission and PRIDE values
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation
- Create organizational capability to insure the velocity and accuracy of software delivery
- Provide thought leadership in terms of continuous prioritization of software delivery
- Assess team effectiveness and remove software delivery organizational roadblocks, such as skills development, personnel, and required tools and technologies
- Drive innovation as part of delivery
- Participate in the development of quality measurement plans and metrics for ITT including pre and post live production support
- Works collaboratively with the project leadership team, helping to facilitate communication
- At lease 12-15 years' experience in leading diverse Tech teams and managing applications used by the business
- Experience across Applications Development with significant experience in design and application architecture
- Proven experience working with sales and distribution systems, especially in investment banking space
- Sound knowledge of end-to-end software development lifecycle, with experience in managing or leading development engagements in outsourced and distributed environment
- Proven experience working with and creating business strategy, process, and Quality guidelines
- Knowledge & hands-on experience on at least 2-3 of the following tech stacks will be required :
- Openshift, cloud or microservices
- Data analytics/Machine Learning
- Hadoop & Big data
- Low latency application development
- Ecosystems, APIs connectivity
- Demonstrated ability supporting and leading the delivery of large complex projects
- Sound knowledge of application design, devops & testing process, able to apply both SDLC and agile delivery methodologies
- Must be analytical, solution oriented, and able to propose and follow through both transformational and incremental changes Proficient in Agile delivery processes including Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Strategic and analytical
- A hands-on team player who is able to see the big picture, possess a can-do attitude and able to handle ambiguity
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and both internally and externally. Concise and precise communication style is essential
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.