SVP, 5G/IoT Solution & Native SaaS Integration Architect
Job Purpose The position is open for a cloud computing & 5G /IoT architect and practice leader role in IBGT who will be responsible to drive relevant agenda for the group. The job requires the candidate to have proven work experience in cloud-native technologies and propose relevant toolsets to drive the agenda. Primary Role 1 - Cloud related Adapting, designing or optimizing/re-optimizing and implementing cloud solutions. These can be either cloud native solutions that DBS may want to operate out of DBS's AWS or MS Azure VPCs or could be hybrid systems that can be partly on-prem and partly on cloud. Encapsulated tasks inside of this will be collaborating with cloud compute engineering units in DBS, participate in designing approach to cloud infrastructure adoption and where possible, contribute to application architecture with respect to cloud readiness, and working with security team to ensure cloud systems are bank-grade in terms of data privacy. Primary Role 2 - 5G IoT Related Work with stakeholders across different parts of bank to identify use cases with a view of implementation where the bank has a clear value proposition (to eco-systems partners or direct bank customers). Pathfinding and exploration with clear end objective in mind will also be critical. Constantly scan and be tuned into industry development (tech firms like AWS, Google, Microsoft, Telcos, industry solutions etc) - be ready to meaningfully apply using banking lens to appropriate or promising technologies. Includes working with OEMs and 'integrating' external parties to demonstrate meaningful & innovativeness. Others assignments - PeopleTech & HR Tech Be able to quickly pick up knowledge, internalized problems and effectively compliment team members in this group on assignment in areas of Future of Work, HR technology i.e. automation of work, way of working, end user computing enablement, facilities strategy, remote working, etc. Job Duties & responsibilities
- Experience in banking domain applications & the interfacing systems.
- Good understanding on the traditional IT infrastructure and how to transform and operationalize into Cloud Ready Platforms.
- Educate and Mentor developers on the fundamental Application design concepts not just limited to Loose coupling, dynamic Scaling, blue-green deployment
- Best practice for CI/CD workflow for Cloud Native deployments.
- Well verse with Docker concepts and come up with best practice to build docker image
- Well verse to design application using Dockers, Kubernetes Container platform
- Work with security and application teams, and from time to time explore opportunities for public cloud AWS, Google.
- Drive Cloud Native strategy for the department and report to senior management time to time on progress
- Constantly explore alternatives for traditional licenses software using Open Source and at the same time not compromising to reliability/availability
- Provide end to end solution design overview for new business applications using OpenSource software's
- Constantly work with Application teams who are leveraging with Open Source Database/Middleware, identify possible opportunities for product enhancements
- Always explore new products/tools build prototypes and find opportunities for implementation without creating any prod issues
- Automation is the strength and is never ending. Build a framework around this and familiarize the department with a framework.
Core Competencies Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations. Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace. Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude. Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations. Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical. Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job. Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction. Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles. Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems. Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- At least 10+ years of IT experience with minimum 5 years in the Cloud operating role providing various solutions using cutting edge technologies
- Write or create necessary documents relating to application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures relating to each product that's being introduced to the bank
- Able to lead technical team in driving investigation of incidents and corrective actions follow-ups thereby adjusting architecture patterns to prevent issues
- Provide insights during architecture planning and subsequently software development stages to ensure standardized way of development & consumption across LOBs and in eco-systems with disparate partners