SVP/VP, Team Lead, Machine Learning & Innovation, Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Job Purpose
The Team Lead (senior/principal data scientist) will oversee and be responsible for the various data science and machine learning initiatives and projects in Group LCS. This role will work closely with senior management, business users and technology partners to co-develop and execute the strategy and roadmap of applying AI/ML to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the function's business processes. Responsibilities
- Own and execute the data science and machine learning program and initiatives regionally for Group LCS.
- Lead and develop a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, providing guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Conceptualise, plan, develop, and deliver relevant analytics models and innovative solutions in the areas of Financial Crime, Legal and Compliance, with focus on Anti-Money Laundering and Fraud Prevention.
- Condense analysis into actionable insights for informed decision making, strategy development and formulation of standards to enhance business performance and operations at LCS.
- Ensure adherence to bank's governance policy and best practices in AI/ML industrialisation, including but not limited to code review, creation and adoption of reusable assets, active adoption of bank's AI protocol, data governance, post-deployment monitoring, and regular technical and business review of the solution.
- Partner with domain experts and data scientists from cross functional teams to drive projects.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, preferably Master or PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field, with at least 10 years of relevant working experience, of which the most recent 4 years in a team lead position.
- Excellent advanced analytics skills, with at least 5 years of prior industry experience in developing machine learning solutions for classification, prediction, forecasting and/or anomaly detection problems.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in graph analytics, deep learning, and NLP.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Impala. Highly proficient in Python, R or Scala programming.
- Experience working with RDBMS, NOSQL database and streaming data processing.
- Comfortable working on difficult problems, with experience delivering solutions that work under business or technical constraints, using cutting-edge tools in an agile environment.
- An understanding of the legal and compliance issues of complex banking organizations.
- Good presentation and communication skills. Able to explain technical concepts and solutions to a non-technical audience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.