SVP/VP - Audit-COO (Audit Customer & Experience ACE)
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 25 Feb 18 2018-02-25
See job description for details
Group Audit (GA) helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Groupâ€™s risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a companyâ€™s internal controls.
You will have a direct reporting line to the Audit-COO. In discharging your role, you have to work closely with the rest of the COO team members, and liaise frequently with Audit management members, auditors as well as our partners in support units and relevant BU/SUs by:
- Driving communication strategies to promote Auditâ€™s mission / vision to BU/SU, Senior Management & the Audit Committee.
- Planning and performance management for GA
- Promoting and improving the organisationâ€™s risk management, control, and governance processes
- Complying with Audit methodology and IIA standards
- Demonstrating in-depth understanding of the practices in subject areas.
Specifically, you will manage:
Management Reporting â€" to lead in preparing quality & timely reports:
- Audit Watch Bulletin â€" review layout, content and undertake the writing of the bulletin as assigned, with focus on Audit Insights. This includes gathering, analysing & organising the information & statistics to formulate the bulletin; brainstorm & generating ideas and new concepts for presentation in the bulletin or other media.
- Quarterly Audit Committee Report & Annual Plan â€" co-ordinate content, review layout and undertake the writing and submission of the papers to the Board.
- Annual Report â€" Corporate Governance segment on IA, AC & Internal Controls. To complete the annual submission and co-ordinate write-ups for other locations. A key responsibility would be to ensure that the alignment of facts and numbers across the reports to ensure consistency. Hence the ability to connect the dots is critical.
- Prepare presentation decks for external training/sharing (e.g. risk & control forums) as assigned
- Review & enhance training programme for Audit Writing. Manage the training rollout to all locations and training for new joiners.
RED & other Audit initiatives
- RED Champion GA and SG team â€" develop more areas where GA can value add to stakeholders.
- Work closely with other Audit initiative owners to monitor, gather and collate process updates on action plans to support the achievement of strategic goals & objectives, with a view to draft reports on performance & outcomes
- Partner well with other control functions in the Bank â€" such as LCS, RMG, Finance, T&O Risk Mgt, CE
- Develop Auditâ€™s role as a Trusted Advisor to the business in control matters.
As member of the COO team, the individual is required to contribute in cross-team/ location initiatives providing insights into Audit best practices and smooth running of the dept
- A good degree in any field from reputable university
- Accounting or internal audit qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIA or CISA) are preferred though not mandatory. Other professional or post-graduate qualifications (eg. CFA, MBA) would be considered desirable
- 10 years' experience with relevant business or auditing background in a financial institution or in external CPA or consulting firms or internal audit of banks.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools & other presentation tools is required.
- A Financial institution audit or consultancy background is preferred though not mandatory.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.