SOLUTION ARCHITECT, OSS/BSS (2-YEAR CONTRACT)
SOLUTION ARCHITECT, OSS/BSS (2-YEAR CONTRACT)
The primary role will be to provide leadership in the architectural strategy for OSS/BSS for a defined portfolio. You will be accountable for the overall architecture of these platforms and its relationship with the associated business processes. You will have ownership of the applications within the IT domain. You will ensure end-to-end operability in accordance with strategic roadmaps and standards while acting as the interface between IT and the assigned Operations teams/functional areas. Responsibilities:
• Solution Architect for OSS/BSS and its transformation, including enhancements to the current OSS/BSS.
• IT business solution partner with the overall responsibility to gather and analyse business, operations and products requirements for the purpose of development, solution discovery and solutioning
• Work with all levels of business functions to understand business problems and initiatives and propose resolutions.
• Gather business and technical requirements from users
• Map requirements to the systems, including gap analysis and recommendation suitable enhancements
• Analyse technology environment, requirements, set up collaboration framework, create solution prototype and participate in technology selection
• Provide consultancy to users for OSS/BSSS related initiatives and matters
• Lead in architectural areas to participate in delivering complex projects spanning across the OSS/BSS modules and the associated processes, including integration with external business support systems to agreed timelines and budget
• Work with IT vendors (and challenge them where appropriate), other OSS/BSS Solution Architects and the Applications Support Managers in the design and implementation of OSS/BSS
• Lead the software development cycle from inception through to cutover and post-live support.
• Provide direction, input and governance into other groups including design, architecture and development for the assigned application portfolio. This includes remediation, testing, data migration, system cutover, decommissioning and platform roadmaps.
• Acquire an understanding of the existing system landscape, perform impact assessments of new requirements, and devise the OSS/BSS solutions that are able to interface/integrate with existing systems
• Engage vendors (local and offshore) to assess likely products and components to fill solution requirements
• Understand architectural standards, guidelines, policies and best practices for technology, application and data within the domain
• Provide timely and detailed Domain knowledge for use by others in support of development of the overall IT Strategy and other architectural planning
• Work closely with the Project Director on the management of the OSS/BSS transformation project Requirements:
• Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent, with at least 8 years applied experience in developing solution architecture for a telecommunication operational support system environment specifically around fulfilment and assurance
• Strong technical knowledge in the areas of Network technologies and architectures, Telecommunications engineering and operations are critical in this position
• Have experience in IT infrastructure, engineering and software architecture design, business analysis, business process/re-engineering, DevOps and project management.
• Proven experience in implementing OSS/BSS as part of a large-scale telecommunication operations support system implementation
• Hands-on experience in installing, implementation and configuring OSS/BSS - eg. Network Inventory (plus Data Migration), Order Management / Service Provisioning, CRM, Billing, Service Assurance - Fault and Trouble Ticketing, Work Force Management systems.
• Hands-on experience in installing, implementation and configuring of GIS such as GE SmallWorld and Hexagon G/Technology for Engineering Planning / Implement / Maintain will be a plus.
• Proven experience and good understanding in Telco Domain Knowledge will be an added advantage
• Possess good interpersonal skills, project management, deep analytical skills, excellent communication skills
• Strong vendor management and negotiation skills
• Experienced in managing and interfacing face-to-face with users and vendors/product groups/developers as well as technical skills.
• Able to work independently and as a team, highly motivated and goal-oriented individual
• Able to influence and negotiate well
We regret only shortlisted candidate will be notified.