SOC Insider Threat Analyst
Core Role Competencies
- The analyst will perform monitoring, research, assessment and analysis on alerts from various security tools, including firewalls, antivirus systems, user behavior analytics tools, proxy devices and SIEM tools, etc. which requires demonstrable security incident response and/or insider threat experience.
- Recommend and review new use cases for insider threat monitoring
- Follow pre-defined actions to investigate security incidents or perform incident response actions, including escalating to other support groups.
- Execute daily ad hoc tasks or lead projects as needed.
- Participate in or lead daily and ad-hoc conference calls; Create, update or provide process documentation, or provide requested evidence for compliance & controls requests.
Skills / Experience Levels
- Technical Knowledge: Has a recognizable area of technical competence. Familiar with appropriate standards. Applies subject domain knowledge to meet organizational need/guide actions. Keeps up with current and possible future technological developments in the field.
- Processes/ Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
- Customer and Industry Knowledge: Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions.
- Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed.
Job Family Group:
- You have 4+ years working in the security & operations fields
- You have a Bachelor's degree or higher (Computer Science or Cybersecurity preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of network security, TCP/IP, various operating systems (Windows/UNIX), and web technologies (focusing on Internet security).
- Ability to read and understand packet level data; Experience with user behavior analytics, DLP, IDS/IPS, firewalls, and host security products (HIPS, AV, EDR, etc)
- Certifications from EC-Council, GIAC, or (ISC)² are preferred [CISSP, C|EH, GCIA, CCNA].
- You have good communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly in high stress situations
- You enjoy learning and love sharing your knowledge with others
- You work independently and are self-directed
- You are a detail oriented and perseverant individual
- You have a positive attitude with the drive to get the work done
- You are a self-starter with good problem solving skills, and you continuously look for ways to improve things.
- You understand the importance of prioritization of your work.
- You have skills and proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access or other analytical tools
Technology Job Family:
Information Security Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting