SNR INVESTMENT OPERATIONS ANALYST - ASSET MANAGEMENT (SINGAPORE BASED)
- Permanent, Full time
- Principal Global Investors
- 23 Apr 19
• Company : Principal Global Investors Singapore Limited • Location : Singapore • Position Type : Permanent • Employment type : Full time
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you enjoy delivering on key operational goals while keeping the big picture in mind? Are you motivated to challenge the current process and solve complex problems? Principal Global Investors is looking for individuals just like you.
This is an opportunity to join a leading US global asset manager. Principal Global Investors is a diversified global asset management firm and a member of the Principal Financial Group®, a Fortune 500 company. We manage assets primarily for retirement plans and other institutional clients. Our investment capabilities encompass a range of equity, fixed income and real estate investments, as well as specialized expertise in currency management, asset allocation, stable value management and other structured investment strategies.
Our team is hiring experienced, energetic individuals who play a key role in supporting global growth of an asset manager, reducing risk, gaining efficiencies and strengthening relationships with across all business partners.
Our team plays a key role in supporting our boutiques through delivering a scalable operating model with a strong focus on managing the control environment and reducing risk. Our team is responsible for middle office functions all of which focus on providing timely and accurate data to investment teams & clients globally. Team members have the opportunity to get involved in projects related to improving our organization and moving toward our desired state.
- Support regional offices including our joint ventures and boutiques, and be the key person managing operational related matters and oversight which include: day-to-day inquiries, facilitate operational discussions for onboarding of complex clients in the region, ad-hoc requests, new initiatives/projects, escalated operational issues etc.
- Organize and conduct operational SLA review sessions with business partners (internal & external), prepare documentation for management reporting.
- Assist with team statistics/metrics preparation and analysis.
- Review operational projects and business needs related to investment teams & clients globally and manage these tasks with a mindset to streamline processes by leveraging synergies across regions and utilizing best practices from global and industry perspective.
- Work in collaboration with offices globally to ensure operational excellence.
- Support client reporting team in the production of complex asset management reports for internal and external clients.
- Identify opportunities to mitigate risk and streamline processes leveraging automation.
- Review potential client mandates for implementation within the Reporting team; identify synergies with other existing reports and identify new requirements that may have an impact on successful execution of the requirements.
- Partner closely with global business partners to ensure excellent service.
The Ideal Candidate Must:
o Have minimum a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in accounting, finance, economics or business required.
o Possess an understanding of financial products such as Fixed Income Securities, Derivative Instruments and Equities.
o Strong Microsoft excel skills and knowledge of writing macros.
o Be fluent in English; Mandarin fluency is preferable as you will be required to communicate with internal and external stakeholders in Greater China.
o Have a minimum of 8 years' work experience in a variety of investment operations role with an institutional asset manager and/or mutual fund operations or related field.
o Be self-motivated, and be able to work independently and in collaboration with multiple teams in a global team-based environment.
o Build and maintain positive relationships with the team and across business units.
o Have strong client servicing and communication skills.
o Be meticulous and highly numerate.
o Diagnose issues, mitigate risk and make recommendations toward process improvements.
o Have insightful problem-solving abilities and the ability to multi-task with an eye on priority.
o See through to conclusion specific tasks ensuring deadlines and quality standards are met.
o Have the drive to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
If this sounds exciting to you, apply today! We have a talented team and are looking forward to adding to the team and allowing you to grow your career.