Allegis Global Solutions is the exclusive Contingent HR services provider for one of the world’s leading banks. At Allegis Global Solutions we’re proud to be the leader in global talent solutions. We draw upon decades of industry expertise to develop innovative tools, products, processes and strategies focused on outcome. Moreover, we’re incredibly proud to have built a culture that empowers our people to make their mark while making deep connections that will last a lifetime. With our passion and culture for talent, we are truly transforming the way the World acquires talent.
This role will give the right candidate a chance to join the Analytics and Client Identification team within Financial Crime Compliance (FCC).
This role along with the team will work with key stakeholders across the bank to manage the technical execution of standards that monitor pre-existing analytical instruments that have been developed by the team. The role will work to build on pre-existing model management and monitoring processes using business and technical knowledge and tools, such as SAS.
The primary purpose of this role is to act as a first line of defence for the FCC analytics team and ensure that the function's existing and emerging risk assessment models are adequately monitored periodically to ensure they track within pre-agreed thresholds and metrics that fall in line with risk appetite of both FCC and the individual business segments. The role will be responsible for conducting the technical processes required to produce the periodical statistics, presenting them, further refining them, and recommending changes to models based on findings from the monitoring process itself.
Overall this role is key in supporting the efforts to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders in the region.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Technically execute an industry leading capability to ensure that all models produced by FCC Business Risk Assessment including the CRA (Client Risk Assessment) and other models are managed and monitored through appropriate and defensible means.
- Developing a robust, repeatable and transparent framework for managing and monitoring models. This includes the procurement of data from source production systems (if required), simulating and comparing, creating periodical MI and dashboards, designing new dashboards as required.
- Suggesting model changes to production and test models based on observations obtained from the periodical monitoring process.
- Ensuring data obtained from model source systems and model outputs feeding in to monitoring processes is accurate, robust and fit for purpose.
- Playing a key part in regular and periodical CRA validation in accordance with the FCC BRA validation standards.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Work with senior members of the FCC team and wider business to identify risks and steps to mitigate them.
- Work with senior members of the FCC team and wider business to communicate discrepancies in expected thresholds in models, and work collaboratively in order to remediate issues as they arise.
- Supports global regulatory interaction, particularly in relation to requests for information from regulators.
- Ensure that business relationships with data providers are healthy and are in the best interests of FCIIU’s objectives.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Advanced degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, or social sciences with excellent quantitative methodological skills.
- Two years experience in working with large data sets using data manipulation programming techniques to identify trends and proposing new or revised analytical approaches to discover illicit activity within data sets.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and experience defending research findings.
- Strong skills in SAS, SQL, Tableau, API (or other equivalent tool), and preferably at least one other programming language. Microsoft Office.
- Data gap, ETL, Data Quality and Data Warehousing capabilities.
- Excellent collaborative and stakeholder skills and a desire to work as a part of a high functioning team of financial intelligence specialists.
- Project management skills, preferably gained by building similar functions in other global financial institutions.