SABRE Java Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Scope
SABRE i s Standard Chartered's A nalytics Booking and Risk Engine and is the strategic risk and PnL platform for Financial Markets. The development team is a world class technology group in Standard Chartered bank to provide technical solutions to support the bank's Financial Markets business as well as support requirements from other projects with a wider scope such as regulatory books of work. We bring a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading in the world's highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists globally in financial markets domain. The culture in SABRE is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars; freewheeling discussions; intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents to pursue.
As a Developer, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in Tianjin and working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate Technical skills:
- Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of large scale data processing systems built on Oracle.
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office and various functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Familiarity with CI/CD and devops
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort with the business
- Functional programming experience a plus
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
- Make sure that all software is incorporated into the CI/CD process in SABRE.
- Be a self starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software.
- 6+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience or other technology area
- Java 8 (essential streaming, map and reduce functions), Multi-Threading, and Performance tuning in JVM is a plus.
- Strong understanding on Data structure and Algorithm
- Java Restful API design and development
- Development experience on functional programming, such as Haskell /Scala or others, is a plus.
- Experience of one or any distributed cache like Hazelcast/Redis/Memcached
- Spring Boot and Integration experience is a plus
- Oracle PL/SQL development background, SQL Tuning is a plus
- Scripting programming in Linux shell is a plus.
- SCRUM and Agile.
- SSL, TCP/IP, and UDP knowledge is a plus
- Financial Market domain knowledge, related with FX and IR derivatives is plus
- Experience/familiarity with control processes for FM platforms.
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Java skills
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems
- Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
- Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.