Risk and Controls Manager
Risk and Controls Manager Singapore
As a Barclays Risk and Controls Manager you will work closely with the Head of Business Delivery & Control in delivery of the Front Office risk and control framework for Private Bank Singapore. This will involve working closely with stakeholders locally, across Private Bank and colleagues in the various lines of defence to deliver robust risk management capability. You will also provide a supporting role in designing and executing the strategy of APAC whilst helping to drive the revenue, controllable contribution and Net New Assets of the platform.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Embedding the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) to ensure appropriate risk management coverage, building effective partnerships with colleagues
- Driving compliance with Group policies, regulatory requirements, and social expectations whilst embedding conduct considerations in daily activities
- Achieving timeliness, consistency, quality, completeness and accuracy in reporting to stakeholders
- Building a stronger control environment by identifying and resolving risk and control issues impacting Private Bank Singapore
- Managing the closure of identified control gaps and actions while providing transparent reporting on progress
- Delivering risk and control assessment exercises, such as the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Financial Crime & One Conduct Risk Assessment (OCRA)
- Driving the management of ORAC Issues, Risk Events, and Private Bank Singapore Controls Library
- Assisting in the design, and execution of the strategy for the APAC market, as well as supporting the Head of Business Delivery & Control to accomplish the broader Strategy
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Previous experience in Risk, Governance, Control, Operations and able to apply this within a Private Bank / Financial Services context
- Extensive track record working internally in a financial services institution would be preferred
- Strong relationship building skills, and excellent communication skills are an essential requirement Excellent command of the English language with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical / numeracy skills, ability to deliver valuable insight with technically proficient in Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel (Advanced), & PowerPoint)
Where will you be working?
- Previous experience in a Private Bank/Wealth Management environment
- Proven experience in a Risk and/or Control function would beneficial
- Ability to prioritize workloads and plans to enable delivery of projects
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.