Risk Specialist - Collateral Management (Senior Associate/ Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
The Risk Specialist is a mid-level position and part of Collateral Risk Management function, responsible for performing evaluation, assessment and monitoring of various types of marketable securities and products to mitigate credit exposure in the Bank's wider collateralized lending portfolio. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand applicable policies and governance framework and the requisite impact to business. Ensure the risk appetite and guiding principle is effectively embedded in risk parameter set-up and day-to-day risk monitoring.
- Conduct balanced and informed assessment, evaluate and recommend collateral haircut and derivatives margining, adhering to policy and demonstrating methodical consideration and sound judgement of the business
- Provide technical guidance and expertise related to market risk and collateral management, facilitate queries and request within area of responsibility and portfolio coverage.
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of models, infrastructure, systems and operation flows for process integration and procedure execution, to meet on going business and plans
- Encourage the development of an appropriate risk culture and discipline. Adapt and communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the function.
- Good and relevant University degree, preferably in fields of quantitative finance/financial engineering, financial risk management or equivalent
- At least 5-12 years of relevant working experience in cross-asset market risk (analytics) or product (marketable securities) evaluation, direct private banking risk or product management experiences are advantages.
- Good knowledge of financial products (multiple asset classes) including financial derivatives and structured products, valuation of assets and securities and collateral lending value experience
- Matured and experienced to deal effectively with senior managers and regulator.
- Experience in project management and change initiatives.
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with other departments
- Good presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including IT programming and database knowledge