Risk Manager | Operational Risks
- Competitive remuneration terms.
- Permanent, Full time
- The Bank of East Asia, Limited
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
We invite suitably qualified and well experienced operational risk management professionals from the banking sector to join our team.
You will undertake an active role in the operational risk framework of the Branch. This includes assessing the control effectiveness, with ability to identify deficiencies, across business and support functions. You will be part of a team that conducts key operational risk monitoring functions to ensure adequate controls are in place, including the handling of business impact analysis / business continuity / outsourcing risk, monitor performance of key risk indicators, implement and monitor the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework, investigate and review operational risk incidents and propose mitigating factors to address identified process gaps as well as conduct operational risk assessments for new products and services.
As the domain expert, you will be required to provide assistance and support initiatives on operational risk and internal control reviews and other ad hoc projects as well as contribute to the internal or regulatory reporting, when required.
Together with the risk management team, you will undertake the preparation and presentation of reports for the Operation Risk Management Committee.
Qualification and Experience:
• Recognised university degree with 6 to 8 years’ relevant experience;
• Solid understanding of risk management and sound operational risk practices;
• Deep appreciation of robust governance in the context of risk and control environment;
• Strong analytical skills with ability to reference against best practice standards, highlight anomalies and assess key risk drivers; and
• Be highly motivated, independent and proactive self-starter individual.