Risk Manager, Governance & Operational Risk Management
You will be part of the Group Operational Risk Management (ORM) Team to support and enhance the governance activities and implementation of the Group ORM Framework across Great Eastern. The Job
- Ensure effective communication, implementation and compliance of the Group Governance and ORM framework, Risk policies and guidelines across the Group;
- Support the enhancement and review of the Group ORM policies and related procedures;
- Responsible to manage specific ORM processes such as Incident reporting, Risk & Control Self-Assessment ("RCSA") etc for identifying, reviewing, analysing and monitoring and reporting operational risks;
- Work with business units to comply with the ORM requirements such as incident reporting, outsourcing, RCSA, business continuity management etc;
- Partnering with business units to identify and document operational processes and gaps, and to develop risk management strategies and controls to manage these risks;
- Embed risk awareness culture across Great Eastern through various ORM initiatives;
- Responsible for Group oversight activities, including the provision of support to local Risk Management, and ensure timely consolidation of information for group reporting;
- Responsible for the group reporting and escalation of risk management matters to the Board, Board Risk Committee and Management;
- Conduct presentations and trainings on ORM processes to risk coordinators and local risk management;
- Assist in performing analytics to aid in the identification and evaluation of risk areas across the operational activities;
- Support the preparation of ad-hoc group wide reports submission to internal stakeholders or regulators where required; and
- Be involved in ad-hoc projects within Great Eastern Group.
- Keep abreast of latest operational risk management developments and industry best practices
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
About Great Eastern
- Degree Holder, with at least 6 years of relevant experience in operational risk management or audit, preferably in the financial services industries;
- Good working knowledge of most components of risk management such as risk processes, risk appetite, governance, reporting and systems;
- Good written and oral communication skills, and stakeholder management;
- A proactive team player and able to work independently;
- Able to multi-task and meticulous;
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good work attitude;
- Strong analytical skills; and
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.