Trade and Capital Markets group (TCM) is one of many business groups within Cargill, TCM’s objective is to create innovative financial solutions, often through trade finance tools for banks and corporates as well as bespoke financial products for both Cargill buyers and suppliers, in frontier, emerging and developed markets.
Position Purpose & Summary
We are looking for an articulate, self-motivated and naturally innovative person with a regional country expertise keen to develop a long-term career in a very transaction driven and intellectually challenging environment, within a respected and profitable global team. The candidate will demonstrate a strong interest and personal accountability for the business and an ability to understand and articulate financial structures internally and externally.
The Risk Investors Group Trader will be responsible for developing new complex investor relationships and maintaining those relationships. Using substantial knowledge and experience, the RIG Trader will ensure successful distribution of trade finance and commodity finance transactions generated by TCM. Using substantial knowledge of complex financial products and transactions, the RIG Trader will also generate innovation ideas and develop new product strategies.
- Development of new risk investors: follow up leads from the market, industry-based intelligence and market knowledge to identify, onboard and transact with new investors for TCM - 40%
- Management of investors and successful distribution of trade finance and commodity assets: work with TCM’s existing investors to obtain deep insights into investment criteria to further develop & enhance investor relationships. - 40%
- Global co-ordination with other traders within TCM: work within a global team to ensure TCM optimizes investor capacity and allocation of assets across geographies and investor pools. - 10%
- Dedicated Focus on Innovation ideas and development of new product strategies: leverage market insights to develop new, or enhance existing, TCM products to meet investor requirements or open new investor capacity. - 10%
Other relevant information to the position
- Desire and ability for frequent International travel
- Highly numerate, with the ability and experience to understand complex financial products and transactions.
- Ability to influence at different levels within and outside of the organization
- Ability to express, understand and discuss complex concepts with fluency, in spoken and written English & Chinese.
- Business acumen, commercial instinct and an ability to identify opportunities.
- Enjoys working in a fast pace environment.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- University degree or massive open online courses (‘MOOC’) equivalent(s), in a relevant discipline
- Track record, established over minimum 5-7 years of trade finance or banking market and product knowledge
- Track record of having developed successful commercial relationships with senior level clients
- Track record of having distributed transactions to institutional investors
- Track record of having worked in the Chinese market
- Financial Markets risk mitigation tools used widely in the industry
- English & Chinese language fluency
Preferred Required Qualifications
- Experience of working with UCP 600 and commodity finance products
- Corporate credit training
- In depth knowledge of the insurance industry, including policy wording & methods of distributing insured transactions to investors
- Ability to understand and analyze corporate and financial institution financial statements
- Highly self-motivated, with strong personal organizational skills
- Willingness to constantly innovate and learn new products and skills and to drive change when needed
- Ability to persuade and influence at different levels within and outside of the organization