The main function of the role will to be to provide support to the APAC Regional Chief Risk Officer (RCRO) and the groups under the APAC Regional Risk framework, including: Compliance, Financial Crime, Credit, Market, Liquidity and Operational Risk. A key focus of this position is coordinating Risk Governance across more than a dozen (12) markets and twenty (20) legal entities in APAC with US based and Regional Risk and Business leaders.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role
The main function of the role will to be to provide support to the APAC Regional Chief Risk Officer (RCRO) and the groups under the APAC Regional Risk framework, including: Compliance, Financial Crime, Credit, Market, Liquidity and Operational Risk.
A key focus of this position is coordinating Risk Governance across more than a dozen (12) markets and twenty (20) legal entities in APAC with US based and Regional Risk and Business leaders.
- Act as trusted advisor to the Head of Risk Operations and RCRO APAC
- Provide support to Head of Risk Operations for regional, branch and legal entity governance across APAC, including support for multiple Risk and FL councils, forums and committees
- Conducting deep dives into specific areas of focus based on Risk and Regulatory priorities
- Conduct an ongoing operational review of the risk policies and practices, including the continuous identification and implementation of process and system improvements, efficiencies
- Assist with managing Risk Stripes that are covered directly by RCRO, as required - Model Risk, Strategic Risk, Reputational Risk and Emerging Risk
This position could be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore
- Work with the Head of Risk Operations, and the Regional Risk leaders to create and maintain a comprehensive strategic plan for the group's activities, and lead initiatives to enable its implementation.
- Support implementation of Enterprise Risk Programs across APAC
- Seek to drive a holistic approach across all risk stripes and effective management of all regional committees and forums, focusing on APAC Issues Management Forum, Branch Management and Control Committees, and various risk councils
- Support proactive engagement with APAC Business Control on behalf of RCRO
- Support proactive engagement with Regional Risk Heads, Commercial and Investment Banking Chief Risk Officer group and Enterprise Functions on behalf of RCRO, focusing on understanding key Business issues (as they pertain to the risk functions) and creating appropriate solutions.
- Plan for and evaluate impact to the APAC risk groups of regulatory developments and industry mandates, then design & implement solutions to meet requirements.
- Supports initiatives and Enterprise wide Projects for the Risk group, tracking of project deliverables and tasks with a high degree of understanding of highly complex processes and systems and their interdependencies, and regulatory and internal control requirements
Market Skills and Certifications
- Extensive proven Risk Management experience across APAC, from a similar role (7+ years)
- Holistic Risk Management experience covering Credit, Operational Risk and Compliance (incl Financial Crime) across multiple areas within Wholesale Banking and Markets
- Deep understanding of Risk Analytics • Experience in capital markets, asset management and/or lending businesses
- Strong influencing skills in a matrix reporting environment, with a proven ability to effectively and professionally interact at a high level with senior management.
- Able to execute large complex initiatives in a large corporate environment, while effectively partnering with others
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with both the line of business and technical Team Members
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of the US and APAC/International wholesale banking regulatory environment a distinct advantage
- Degree in an Analytical or Risk discipline would be highly regarded
- Self-starter and able to recognize opportunities for improvement and to act on those opportunities.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.