My Client has a deep industry expertise with an intelligent data management platform to deliver regulatory reporting, liquidity, capital & credit, operations, trade & transactions and tax analytics.
The Risk Applications Developer analyses business or regulatory requirements and creates functionality for different risk and regulatory solutions using Client framework. The successful applicant works closely with internal teams, subject matter experts, and clients to design better solutions for risk and regulatory reporting needs. In some instances, the applicant may also work with the solutions architects from external implementation teams to better understand the clients’ needs and satisfy their requirements.
What you do:
- Work with internal and external teams to prepare product design specifications.
- Takes the lead for US development teams on selected projects.
- Oversight offshore developments.
- Guides and supports product implementation teams.
- Design test cases and generate test data.
- Conducts business requirements as well as, technical specification and data content analysis
- Conduct research into relative technologies and recommend productivity tools.
- Provide support for current operations, servers and installations.
- Develop and test to implement the highest level of quality software.
- Work on client’s issues with support teams.
Technical Expertise required.
- Strong SQL skills and experience using query tools such as SQL developer.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional data modelling.
- Experience with DBMS such as Oracle or Sybase.
- Knowledge of R/ Python or Java would be good.
- Exposure to ETL tools such as Informatica is a Plus
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Prior banking or financial regulation analysis experience is a plus.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in analytics/development role for a financial company.
- Ability to work independently with strong analytic and logical skills.
- Skills to read and follow regulatory requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and the ability to quickly transition as priorities change to meet demands.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and interact with clients in a professional manner.
In return, you will benefit from:
• A highly competitive base salary with fantastic earning potential
• Excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, private healthcare
• Working with quite a international group of people
• Time and investment in your training, plus clear career progression and managerial prospects for outstanding performers.