Reporting Solution Expert
INETUM is an international IT services company, currently employing about 27,000 people Worldwide.
INETUM provides its clients with innovative, long-lasting industrial solutions to leverage performance from their information systems. We design and runs industrial platforms tailored to the economic and human considerations of its clients.
• Management Consulting | Digital Transformation | Innovation
• Operating over 26 countries,
• 2019 revenue of over 2.3 Billion Euros,
• 50 years of existence.
In order to support our forthcoming businesses and technological challenges, we seek innovative and agile people sharing our mind set.
We are now looking for a Reporting Solution Expert to join our team in Singapore.
The Reporting Solutions Expert is an individual contributor who is responsible for providing BI and analytics solutions within IT Production Services (ITS) of a global IT hub in Singapore. Reporting to the Head of Control Tower, the incumbent serves as the point-of-contact for managing and developing the Reporting Factory – a collection of BI tools and dashboards – mainly with the use of Microsoft Power BI Desktop, PBI Report Server and MS SQL Server.
He/she is expected to interact with multiple BI stakeholders in Singapore and overseas, and across different levels of the organization including technical experts, service teams, department heads, and senior IT management.
The scope of responsibilities of the Reporting Solutions Expert can cover a full business intelligence systems lifecycle. These responsibilities can be divided into two broad categories:
BI project management and development
- Requirements analysis and planning with Report Owners, technical experts and other stakeholders.
- Standardizing the definition and calculation of key indicators and providing recommendations on what form of reports and visualizations are best to convey such.
- Designing and development of data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes. This may involve full automation or be a mix of automated and manual processes.
- Development of BI components including the ETL processes (SSIS, Windows tasks, etc.)
- Prototyping and development of reports or dashboards (i.e. Power BI)
- Data quality validation and testing
- User acceptance management, and production release of new reports
- Documentation of key reporting processes, data flow, file locations, data access and definition of indicators.
Business-as-usual (BAU) activities:
- Administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of reporting tools such a SQL Server, SSIS jobs, automated tasks (on a Windows server), and Power BI reports.
- User access management for reporting tools
- Coordination with Report Owners on maintenance issues or potential improvements
- Regular data quality checks, and coordination of any issues with data source owners.
- Training and communication with users for usage, updates and maintenance of reports
- Generation of ad hoc reports and data extractions for Control Tower and other teams
Qualifications and Profile
The Reporting Solutions Expert should be able to confidently use technical proficiency, project management skills and business acumen to promote BI usage and a data-oriented culture within an international IT organization
General & Functional Requirements:
- With proven expertise in deploying BI/data tools for a large international organization
- Minimum: Four (4) years of experience in BI development and/or an impressive data analysis experience
- Preferred: Total experience includes at least two (2) years of developing BI tools for an IT service management organization, or with ITIL foundation certification. The candidate is able to effectively define and communicate key statistical indicators related to IT service management and IT assets/CMDB
- With effective project management, business analysis and stakeholder management skills. The candidate should be capable of performing requirements analysis, schedule planning, and process documentation.
- Should be willing to work independently with minimal supervision, and serve as a subject-matter expert on IT service reporting
- Has a keen eye for producing professional quality reports and accurate data for an international user-base.
- With excellent communication skills in English and can thrive comfortably in a multicultural environment.
- Capable of facilitating user trainings and requirements elicitation.
- A bachelor’s degree related to IT, MIS, or Business Intelligence is preferred. In case of degree holders of non-IT studies, a combination of relevant IT certification and/or impressive BI experience will also be considered
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Dashboard development using Microsoft Power BI, including use of DAX and Power Query, and use of complex, multiple data sets:
- Minimum: Two (2) years of experience with Power BI development
- Preferred: Four (4) years or experience deploying Power BI dashboards or with professional certification relating to Power BI
- Administering and developing databases and ETL processes using Microsoft BI tools, particularly MS SQL Server, SSIS/SQL job agent, and SQL Server Management Studio
- Minimum: Two (2) years of experience in database development/administration and has basic proficiency with ETL development using SSIS
- Preferred: Four (4) years of experience with MS SQL database development, or with certification in MS SQL database development
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow and its underlying data sets (e.g., incidents, service requests, change requests, tasks) will be a plus.
- Strong MS Excel proficiency. The candidate should be proficient enough with Excel in order to understand existing, very complex Excel reports and apply the same calculation logic when re-creating such reports on Power BI
- Minimum: Proficient in use of complex formulas using both basic and advanced Excel functions, and use of pivot tables
- Preferred: Proficient with basic VBA scripting
Prospective candidates are encouraged to send a detailed resume and provide links to sample Power BI projects online, if available