Relationship Manager – Retail / Consumer / Personal Banking
Competitive compensation and benefits package
CBP, Singapore; or
Battery Road, Singapore; or
Employee Status: Permanent
Our client, Standard Chartered, is a global bank which is big enough to be relevant to the world’s most sophisticated corporations but small enough to be local, nimble and innovate. They tap into their DNA as a global trade bank, committing to the dynamic markets where they have operated for over 150 years. They link these markets with each other, as well as to Europe and the Americas, to help their corporate and institutional clients manage their global investing and financing needs. In addition, Standard Chartered use their deep knowledge in local markets to help their customers and clients grow, invest and protect their wealth. Standard Chartered Bank can offer [role, e.g. Development Managers] outstanding opportunities.
Why work at Standard Chartered?
Standard Chartered believe that every one of their colleagues plays a tangible role in delivering their purpose – “Driving commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity.” They all feel strongly about living their valued behaviours – Never settle, Doing the right thing, and Better together and their culture makes this organisation special. Standard Chartered Bank have always sought continuously to improve, to challenge themselves and to drive change within the industry, the world we live in, and with themselves to live up to their brand promise - to be Here for good.
The success of the Bank and the achievement of their business strategy hinges on the way they invest in, manage and organise their people, the employee experience they create and the culture they build. Standard Chartered are building a future ready workforce enabled by digital skills, organisational adaptability and leadership at every level. They are committed to creating an inclusive and flexible environment where their diverse talent feels able and inspired to make a meaningful contribution to the prosperity of our clients.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· The role is responsible in ensuring and achieving a compounded annual growth rate for own portfolio
· In addition to providing team support to counterparts, the role is expected to actively develop the accounts within own portfolio to meet and exceed quarterly sales targets as well as ensure that relationships managed by yourself consistently comment on how amazing the role’s service is
· The Relationship Manager will conduct professional, consultative financial analysis and profiling sessions with customers to understand and meet their financial needs and investment objectives
· Fostering and deepening customer relationships and providing regular market information updates and trend analysis on local and international financial products
· Drawing up monthly plans for achieving/exceeding sales targets to meet new business and customer acquisition goals for the branch in consultation with Branch Manager and Team Leader
· Acquiring new customers by participating in Banking marketing and promotional activities, sourcing and calling on prospects and soliciting referrals
· Organizing and conducting sales presentations to groups, clubs, associations, companies and other organisations
· Training and leading branch staff in upgrading and converting existing target affluent branch customer, as well as assist in building information database on existing Banking customers to support relationship building and cross-selling efforts
· Complying with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures
· Ensuring compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank and external regulatory authorities
Our Ideal Candidate
· Has a University degree and or relevant professional qualifications
· 1 to 5 or more years of experience in Bank sectors such as, but not limited to, Retail or Consumer or Personal Banking
· Knowledgeable in Bank processes, products and services in any bank sectors
· Customer oriented with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to drive and manage client interaction with affluent clients
· Excellent track record in sales or demonstrated ability to achieve strong sales performance
· Experience in brand building and awareness of consumer needs and behaviour
What you can expect from Standard Chartered
At Standard Chartered their unrivalled network and unique markets not only delivers value for their clients, makes the biggest difference in their communities, but also created opportunities for unparalleled career and development experiences. Your hard work and talent are valued very highly, which is why you can expect a carefully chosen package of rewards with a total offering including a flexible working policy to support your work-life balance. After all, your wellbeing is just as important as salary and benefits. Standard Chartered also offers career and development opportunities, plus the chance to build your skills, they believe in investing in your development, so you can go as far as you want. High quality managers are an important part of that, and their leaders ensure you’re supported, inspired and recognised.
If you think that Standard Chartered could be the right home for your skills, you can apply here.