Relationship Analyst (Global Wealth Management)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
The Relationship Analyst (RA) will work closely with and support members of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) team across Asia. The successful RA will provide coordination of various service functions which are the foundation of Wellington Management's overall relationship management and business development effort, including client reporting, client and marketing presentations, oversight of the account opening and maintenance processes, as well as ad hoc client requests.
The Relationship Analyst will work closely with other relationship team members, the Client Service Group, the Investment Products & Strategies Group, as well as many other functional areas of the firm in performing their various duties. Relationship Analysts will also participate in various projects related to the relationship management function.
The Relationship Analyst will be responsible for:
- Working with Relationship Analysts and Client Analysts assisting on client inquiries and meeting follow-up
- Streamlining workflow through leveraging technology and automation
- Documentation of procedures and best practices
- Assisting with preparation of client materials
- Assisting in the preparation of client events
The successful candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of both global capital markets and the local market base or demonstrate the ability to acquire such knowledge. Interest in the business of investment management, desire to work in a team-based and collaborative environment, and an analytical/problem-solving orientation are required. Sound business judgment and strong written and oral communication skills are also a must.
Candidates should possess a demonstrated record of achievement, capacity for differentiated thinking, strong work ethic, teamwork, and the willingness to work with others.
Additional qualifications for this role include:
- 2+ years of working experience in the financial industry; fresh university graduates in Finance-related courses can be considered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; ability to learn new technologies rapidly
- Outstanding organizational skills, detail-orientation and follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong academic credentials
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently and deadlines are often under significant time pressure
- Ability to work independently and juggle a number of tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative thinker/think outside the box
- Focus on details
- Positive and pro-active attitude, flexibility, and a sense of humor; able to work productively with diverse individuals
- Willingness to be a "team player" and support others during peak load periods
- Fluency in English, with Mandarin language skills an added advantage
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .