See job description for details
Regulatory Reporting Specialist
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find The ANZ Way animation and the New Ways of Working animation. Role Overview About The Role
Role Location: Ocean Financial Centre, 10 Collyer Quay, Singapore
Role Type: 12 months fixed term, Full time opportunity
As the Regulatory Reporting Specialist, you’ll be a part of the regulatory reporting team for the Singapore reporting to the Head of Regulatory Reporting in Singapore. The regulatory reporting team is responsible for the accurate and timely submission of regulatory reporting, and ensuring the maintenance of supporting frameworks, processes and controls to support this reporting.
These roles are part of the Financial Control (FC) community of practice, with the principal accountabilities being:
Who are you?
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Formulation, implementation and monitoring of the Group’s accounting policies and internal control frameworks
- Integrity of the numbers by delivering accurate, reliable and timely financial information
- Driving the Finance of the Future simplification agenda, ensuring consistency with objectives and a focus on continuous improvement
- Embedding a strong governance culture
What will you bring to the role?
- A team player – I know we only win if we all win. I recognise and value the different perspectives and skills my squad mates bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of our mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – I demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- A collaboration champion – I work closely with my colleagues to ensure alignment and champion the sharing of learning across teams
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – I am comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage myself through ambiguity by making meaning, building relationships and creating clarity with my peers
- Continuous improvement junkie – I constructively challenge the status quo, I look for better ways of doing things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to my own and other’s growth – I strive to stretch and grow myself and others by identifying my own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – I am energised by tackling complex problems. I use my critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Commercially and Tech curious – I have a wide-angled lens. I am curious about what’s happening in the external market and in emerging trends and innovations (technological and otherwise) and how we use this information to better inform our decisions and actions.
- Risk savvy – I build sustainable solutions that protect stakeholders and customers and proactively address risks by role-modelling improvements in the bank’s overall risk and control environment.
- Deep experience in regulatory, statutory or risk roles within the region
- Strong initiative and proactive attitude to drive a continuous improvement culture in our processes and procedures
- A qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) / Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) recognised in Singapore
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number SIN006869