Regulatory Reporting - Senior Programmer Analyst
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Experience in Java (Core & EE, Spring, JMS, JUnit) with a focus on object oriented design, multi-threaded applications and distributed systems
- Must have experience and indepth knowledge of SQL and RDBMS, should be able to write SQL queries , stored procedure, index and triggers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in geographically dispersed teams, strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a Capital Markets firm (Investment Bank/Investment Management) with basic understanding of financial products
- Experience of Agile development and scrums
- Strong knowledge on Core Java (preferred version 8), Spring(Core, MVC, JDBC), Hibernate/JDBC/JPA/ORM, JSON
- String Experience with messaging systems and enterprise service bus
- Added advantage exposure to Big data technology like Apache Kafka, Storm, Spark etc.
- Practical experience with at least one of the NoSQL/NewSQL technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB, NuoDB etc) would be beneficial
- Strong knowledge on build (Ant/Maven), continuous integration (Jenkins), code quality analysis (SonarQube) and unit and integration testing (JUnit)
- Should be able to work on UNIX shell script and VI editor
- Good analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
- Organized and able to deliver in multiple projects in the stream
- Passion for research, ideation and exploration
- Organized and able to manage a diverse project portfolio
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .