About the company:
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10+ million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of "cryptocurrency in every wallet" into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Singapore with a 3000+ strong team.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com. About the role:
The Regulatory Compliance Assurance and Risk Management Director will join our Global Regulatory Compliance team reporting directly into the Global Chief Compliance Officer. The successful candidate will work with stakeholders to select partners to conduct annual independent reviews of our regulated entities globally, to coordinate and ensure timely execution of such annual reviews, to manage their successful outcomes and to ensure identified areas of improvements are addressed and leveraged globally. In addition, the successful candidate will partner closely with all other areas of Risk Management across the company to develop and implement a global Enterprise Risk Management framework.
Candidate must be a self-starter who exhibits strong passion for financial innovation. Responsibilities:
- Establish the Regulatory Compliance global independent assurance strategy in accordance with industry best practices and in collaboration with the leadership team
- Lead the creation and management of a yearly audit plan, including internally initiated independent reviews, externally requested audits and regulatory examinations
- Identify, secure and manage third-party resources, including audit and consulting firms engaged in the reviews
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of audit strategies, trends and industry developments, initiatives and operations, the relevant risks, and appropriate audit responses.
- Direct all aspects of the engagements planning, including testing strategy development, execution, reporting, and issue monitoring for the audit plan
- Drive and support multiple simultaneous reviews, audits and regulatory examinations to specification, and ensure the delivery of audit reports are complete, insightful, timely, error free and concise
- Coordinate engagements that may be required between external partners and functional peers such as Risk, Finance or Information Security
- Regularly review identified audit deliverables to ensure they are well defined and root causes understood
- Communicate and collaborate with peers, key business partners and executives in the development and execution of the audit plan
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of audit committee materials
- Ensure timely delivery of comprehensive validation of completion of identified management action plans, including those arising from other external parties
- Maintain expert knowledge of the evolving regulatory and operating environment to evolve the design of governance mechanisms to account for their potential impact
- Design and implement the adoption of Enterprise Risk governance framework and standards by all the lines of defense, across businesses/functions, countries and legal entities and act as the subject matter expert on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) related activities
- Drive key aspects of the ERM program including design and facilitate completion of self-assessments across the company
- 10+ years of experience in financial services compliance, with a preferred focus in anti-money laundering and sanctions.
- Deep regulatory knowledge, implementation experience navigating regulatory expectations of compliance programs.
- Expert understanding of cryptocurrencies or a strong interest in learning.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Internal Audit experience a plus.
- What you can expect from us?
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you.
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team.
- You will get to have involvement in developing brand-new crypto products from scratch alongside with a talented team.