The Regional Resiliency Officer is responsible for the implementation and execution of the Business Resiliency program within the region this includes Incident management and Business Continuity planning, ensuring that all businesses and support functions across the region have adequate plans in place in accordance with Enterprise Policies. This first line of defence role executes their responsibility primarily through monitoring deliverables from the individually assigned lines of business, Business Continuity Managers. The role also requires close collaboration with the second line of defence Operational Risk teams, who provide policy guidance and expertise along with oversight and reporting of the program.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role
The Regional Resiliency Officer is responsible for the implementation and execution of the Business Resiliency program within the region, this includes Incident management and Business Continuity planning, ensuring that all businesses and support functions across the region have adequate plans in place in accordance with Enterprise Policies. This first line of defence role executes their responsibility primarily through monitoring deliverables from the individually assigned lines of business, Business Continuity Managers. The role also requires close collaboration with the second line of defence Operational Risk teams, who provide policy guidance and expertise along with oversight and reporting of the program.
The objective of the Regional Resiliency Officer role is to support and offer subject matter expertise to the Lines Of Business (LOB's) and Shared Service teams to ensure an effective delivery of the regional resiliency program. The Resiliency Officer also plays a key role in Operational Resilience and Incident Management planning, as well as supporting the operational coordination during live events.
This position could be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore
- Coordination of the regions' Business Resiliency response during live events.
- Ensure there is ownership by the leadership team in each country as to their own Incident management participation.
- Lead and facilitate and/or assist in regional simulations and walkthroughs.
- Responsible for quality assurance of the regional Resiliency playbooks ensuring alignment with the Enterprise. To be kept current and distributed appropriately.
- As the SME for Business Resiliency, represent the region at internal meetings and drive / implement appropriate change, in line with International and the Enterprise.
- Responsible for the maintenance and testing of the Work Area Recovery sites
- Work closely with Technology, Corporate Properties and Corporate Security to ensure the recovery sites are fit for purpose.
- Maintaining an inventory of plans within the region.
- Ensuring alignment of local/regional and global plans working closely with the global plan leaders and Resiliency management teams.
- Responsible for the Business Resiliency deliverables completion in a timely manner. Ensuring regional adherence to the Resiliency strategy, policy, methodologies and use of appropriate tools.
- Setting and oversight of the annual schedule for Exercise & Maintenance of each plan at a country/legal entity level as appropriate. This includes at minimum annual Incident Management testing for each regional location via simulations.
- SME of the Enterprise Business Resiliency system of record (ORS)
- Maintain close working relationships with all lines of business and Shared Services management teams to ensure appropriate planning, testing and reporting.
- Engage with local Resiliency forums and industry wide exercises to maintain knowledge base.
- Complete all Wells Fargo annual related certifications.
- Supporting the regional Operational Resilience project to establish a framework for the ongoing management of important business services in line with regulatory expectations.
- Responsible for business as usual Operational Resilience processes for identifying important business services; setting impact tolerances; undertaking stress testing; supporting remediation of vulnerabilities; producing management information; and conducting lessons learned exercises.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Operational Resilience Self-assessment Documentation and ensuring regular review and approval by relevant legal entities.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Direct proven experience in Business Continuity / Incident Management and Operational Resilience (desirably within the financial services sector)
- Proven effectiveness in developing relationships and fostering partnership across various stakeholders,
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst taking a common sense approach
- Excellent communication skills (including senior and executive management), especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting
- Effective change leader and strong organisational skills
- Self-motivated and drive to ‘take ownership' of tasks and situations
- Active engagement within the wider business continuity community
- Industry Certification e.g.: MBCI / DRII - Desired
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.