- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 30 Nov 17
Regional Head of Property, ASEAN & South Asia (ASA)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.You will be accountable through regional and country Property teams to ensure all aspects of the Property function are well managed, well operated and provide safe and productive work environment for the group's staff and customers. You will manage a team of about 16 direct reports.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for managing a portfolio of buildings, spread across a wide area of branch and office space, supporting more than 35,000 SCB staff across 11 countries.
- Manage a regional operating budget, through geographic teams in the most effective and efficient manner in support of and aligned with the business strategy, through continually improving operating metrics relating to space use, costs and employee experience.
- Develop, implement and deliver regional and country property strategies, influencing key geographic and business stakeholders to ensure optimal solutions are implemented.
- Ensure supply partners, including 5,000 NEWs, are effectively managed and continue to deliver service excellence and good value to the bank through an optimised operating and delivery model.
- Accountable for Property engagement model with regional/country CEO's and business leaders, to ensure the function has a deep understanding of strategic business needs and influence business outcomes beyond express needs.
- Direct engagement with members of RMG, Regional/country CEO's and other key stakeholders on strategic property management themes, influencing outcomes in the bank's interests.
- Accountable for the Property geographic operating model and resourcing/budget decisions. Lead the specific region and optimisation of regional and country resources and specialisms (AM, PM, FM and others) applicable to the specific markets, working closely with Property subject matter expert centres of excellence.
- Risk control owner for all Property related risks, including Health and Safety and Security.
- Responsible for ensuring that the residual risks within the scope of responsibilities for managing the risk control areas of Property remain within appetite at Hub level.
Qualifications and Skills
Experience - about 12+ years' experience as a real estate senior professional
Deep understanding of business operations and related requirements, ability to speak the language of business and develop effective, efficient and win/win solutions.
Understanding the financial and commercial risks and opportunities relation to property.
Detailed knowledge of operational and financial risks and related policies.
Comprehensive understanding of group's real-estate strategy and ability to translate into operational execution plans and deliver.
Expert in subject matter
Need to understand the efficacy of solutions, provide effective guidance on all aspects of Property.
Strategic Supply Partner Management
Ability to move from managing activity to managing a fully outsourced offering, letting go of tactical management activity.
CRES System & Ops
Good understanding of Property tools and ability to leverage them for the benefit of the Bank.
Preferred Qualifications (experience more important than qualifications):
- MBA or similar.
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Facilities Management, engineering or other business related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of the facilities/real estate market as well as a keen understanding of customer service principles
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in seeking out market opportunities and leveraging supplier base to maximum advantage
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and experience managing large multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong Communication and Negotiation skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 13/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.