Regional Head Procurement and Business Partner - Global Sourcing & Procurement Services
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG APAC Holdings Pte Ltd Your contribution at AIG
The quality of Senior Leadership is a defining factor for a company's success. Senior Leaders are responsible for developing business strategies and/or translating those strategies into meaningful outcomes and ultimately, business results. As a Senior Leader, you reach across geographical and functional boundaries to create alliances that further the organization's objectives and market position. Your deep and broad industry knowledge allows you to foresee external conditions that could potentially affect AIG's future.
Regional Leadership role to oversee and coordinate GS&PS procurement and sourcing for a specific (UK/EU, APAC, Japan) region. This individual will partner closely with the global category leads and teams primarily based in the U.S. to develop the strategies and manage all categories that GS&PS currently addresses, continue to standardize and professionalize sourcing in the Region, align and manage the Procurement Shared Services partnership activities, capitalize on vendor cost savings opportunities, and mitigate contract and performance risk. This includes notice of enforcement of and adherence to corporate policies and processes regarding acquisition of vendor products and services. Savings will be achieved through implementation of standards, leveraging purchasing power through aggregation of vendor spend and utilization of a structured contract negotiation process. This role must also must be communicate and partner with the senior management in the Region to meet their regional objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
What we are looking for
- Reports to the Chief Procurement Office (CPO) GS&PS, (New York)
- Regional Procurement leadership role with responsibility to establish and manage an effective procurement capability for the region to support profitable and sustainable business growth
- Responsible for the negotiation, contract documentation and acquisition of a variety of vendor spend commodities (e.g. technology, professional services, business services, facilities and property management)
- Continue to refine and standardize processes, policy and practices consistent with Global Sourcing to institutionalize procurement best practices. To include standardized contracts, process, and systems; vendor selection criteria; vendor due diligence requirements, performance criteria; and management reporting.
- Promote use of preferred vendors to promote greater standardization, improved compliance, risk mitigation and leverage of purchasing power to increase cost savings
- Review, organize and develop current staff
- Work with Procurement Shared Services team based in India to deliver certain projects in collaboration
- Develop sourcing commodity strategies (and vendor spend baseline) in collaboration with internal clients and Corporate Sourcing
- Perform complex cost benefit & financial analysis & identify & drive quality enhancement & continuous improvement initiatives. Communicate marketplace intelligence relative to vendor capabilities, market pricing, conditions and trends, to help guide optimal use of vendors
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key business units in the region to understand procurement requirements and pipeline of procurement related work
- Ensure effective vendor management; maintain vendor relationships at the appropriate levels
- Drive sourcing productivity and efficiency through digitization.
- Maintain positive high-level vendor relationships
- Facilitates training and career path for resources
- Qualifications: Postgraduate degree and accredited procurement qualification, CIPS preferred
- Experience: Minimum ten years' relevant commercial, legal, sourcing and productivity experience in a leadership role
- Travel: Extensive within Region; occasional outside of Region
Skills & Experience
- Proven management and leadership skills to build and manage a team of sourcing professionals
- Successful track record for working sourcing and procurement activities of between $250M to $1.5B spend; Financial or Insurance industry a plus.
- Proven capabilities for negotiation and contracting of a variety of vendor spend commodities (e.g. technology, professional services, business services, claims, property management)
- Experience with implementation and adherence of a standard disciplined sourcing process to include experience in use of travel, procure-to-pay lifecycle, sourcing, buyer and other relevant using industry standard procurement systems (i.e. Ariba, Fieldglass, Concur)
- Effective at review, documentation and negotiation of commercial agreements including legal terms and conditions.
- Experience in partnering to internal finance and legal departments.
- Strong communicator with excellent influencing and relationship management skills with senior business leaders, internal clients and the vendor community
Excellent English (multi-lingual a plus) communication skills, including comprehension, speaking and writing
- Strong vendor management skills with experience in a multi-national financial services organisation preferred (e.g. insurance company, bank)
- Self-starter who can roll up their sleeves and get things done as well as manage and direct a team; able to multi-task, handle competing priorities and work in an environment where management, peers and business partners are based in multiple locations
- Experience in successfully dealing with complex negotiations: sole source, multi-party, locked positions, raging emotions, high pressure and dealing with conflicting negotiating styles
- Ability to quickly and fluidly adjust negotiating styles, tactics and strategies to get the best outcome, active listening, question styles, identifying and testing assumptions.
- Ability to manipulate and propose customized contract terms for the particular vendor, customer or business needs
- Ability to construct comprehensive complex requests for Proposals (RFP) and Statements of
- Work, Service Level Agreements (SLA) that are legally and contractually beneficial to the company
- Thorough knowledge of the Regional market place across commodity groupings
- Ability to work with local, regional and global suppliers
- Ability work across businesses and countries to implement multiyear price deflationary agreements
Attributes & Behaviour
- Deep commercial domain expertise - industry thought leadership
- Energetic passionate and resourceful - Exhibits a high level of energy and excitement around the challenges and opportunities of the organisation
- Courage to drive change
- Inclusive team orientation - leads through vision and values
- Seeks to understand customers, sets customer feedback systems, implement effective ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues and satisfaction and to anticipate customer needs
- Builds collaborative relationships - Regionally and Globally
- Culturally astute and sensitive to changing environments and building or regional model
Most Frequent Contacts
- GS&PS direct reports
- Global GS&PS colleagues
- Regional Operations Officers
- Business Unit Managing Directors, Business Unit subject matter experts, enabling function professionals
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.